You are in... Forums > General > General > New version of site live April 2

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SeanW

Aug 02

SeanW says:

New version of site live April 2

We've just released a new version of the site with various changes. If any pages are looking weird please use control-refresh and it should work fine from then on.

If pages are still looking weird, post here or email mcnonline@emap.com

The changes are mostly to the bikes for sale section of the site, plus a cleaner home page and some general tidying up.

You can now advertise your bike online for 6 weeks with MCN for just £9.99 - including an ad for one week in the paper.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (02 April 2008 06:20)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aphmitchell

Jan 08

aphmitchell says:

In the world of Mac!

I am not sure if you care but on an Apple Mac the 'weather' section looks weird. (I'm a designer so I use a Mac.)

On Mozilla Firefox/3.0b4

but fine on Safari 3.1

The site looks great though!

One thing, its very very very slow at times....

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
SeanW

Aug 02

SeanW says:

thanks for feedback everyone

We acknowledge the periodic slowness. I'm really hoping we will be able to get some heavy duty analytic resource soon to get to the bottom of it.

I don;t think the main thing is server perfromance - I think the mani cause is a problem with the index application (which is used to create mutliple content types on most types of page).

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

The almighty buck shouts loudest...

Its definately a lot more noticeable that the site is now visually more a means to viewing bikes for sales and comparing bikes. That said though whilst I might occasionally look at bike specs when trying to consider a new bike its far and away not the main reason I come to this site. The news and forum pages are now starting to look like a small add on to a bike mart web page.

I assume with time the web page will just progress away from being about motorcycle NEWS to nothing more than a means of showing punters what dealers are selling.

Reply to this Topic
queen bodecia

Oct 02

New site...

Looks better and seems to work OK in both Firefox ans Safari (I do not contaminate my beautiful Mac with any Microshaft products!)...

However, it is slower than a superdream with a puncture...

Reply to this Topic
MCN_Developers

Sep 07

Performance

As SeanW mentioned, we're actively looking at issues affecting the performance of the site as a whole (thus the post a 00:40 in the morning :biggrin:)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices