Skip to content

Discuss This Estoril MotoGP Reaction: Valentino Rossi reflects on disappointing third MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Estoril MotoGP Reaction: Valentino Rossi reflects on disappointing third

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Estoril MotoGP Reaction: Valentino Rossi reflects on disappointing third

Valentino Rossi put a brave face on in Estoril this afternoon after his barren run in MotoGP was extended to seven races. The Italian led from the second lap and looked on course to win for the first time since his last success in Estoril last year as he fought off the relentless challenge from Fiat Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (13 April 2008 18:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gryczon

Mar 08

gryczon says:

well...

that's good I can't wait to see this progres...anyway Lorenzo is in the learning stages too. For this moment it's Stoner, Pedrosa and Lorenzo winning each race so next goes to Rossi. This four riders have a chance to be a champion in '08 and the best of the rest probably be Tech3 or JIR Scot

Reply to this Topic
matto3227

Nov 07

matto3227 says:

Rossi Should Be Worried

Just too say from the outset that i am a huge fan of Vale, what he's done for the sport and all the usual cliche that goes with him, he is second too none. The man is a legend... However, he's gotta be hurting and worried. His new rookie team mate who, lets face it is pretty special is currently riding rings round him, and it seems clear as day that once again he has wound up on the wrong tyre brand. Michelin always said they were on the way back, and they have stuck true too their word. Rossi is bound to be totally f**ked off with the fact that he's messed that tyre move rite up and is at the minute struggling to get a result. Lets hope that Rossi doesnt start moaning again about tyres becos all dignity would be lost. He needs to put his head down grind out every lap of every session at every race too get him back on terms...If any1 can make it work it will be Rossi, but with a mega on-form rookie team mate who is on the same bike but with the "better" tyres and the vast knowledge and data of not only his tyres workings but also the workings of the same tyre on the same machine that is currently regarded as best of the rest behind the top factory machines... Rossi has got too be worried cos this is very quickly looking set too be another year without a crown for the king...

Reply to this Topic
jnh-hrc07

Jul 07

jnh-hrc07 says:

He should have put a little more faith in Michelin. Maybe the last couple of tracks have suited the more, and Bridgestone will have a few strong tracks, but at the moment i cant help but think he regrets his decision to ditch Michelin. He's not going to admit that jof course. There's plenty of time and plenty of tracks left, but at the moment it looks to have backfired. China is a "Bridgestone track" though, right?

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

Not backfired yet!

I dont think Rossi's decisions is quite the wrong one just yet... I do think Michelin has made a huge effort to come back, but I will reserve my personal judgement until a few rounds from now. Keep in mind - Yamaha has no previous (recent) data on any of their bikes with the Bridgestones.

Reply to this Topic
mr zulu

Mar 07

mr zulu says:

rossi and his tyres

do you lot understand racing? do you follow it much?you dont seem to.certain tyres suit certain tracks,look at the results from the last few seasons and see who won where on what,do you really think that you know better than rossi? you fools!!! michelins work well at a few tracks always have done,always will,the bridgestones work well at 75% of them,as of yet we have only been to one of these,lets see what is happening in 6 months,if i was you i would use this time do top up on your knowledge of the sport because from here it looks like you know f*@k all.

Reply to this Topic
mr zulu

Mar 07

mr zulu says:

rossi and his tyres

do you lot understand racing? do you follow it much?you dont seem to.certain tyres suit certain tracks,look at the results from the last few seasons and see who won where on what,do you really think that you know better than rossi? you fools!!! michelins work well at a few tracks always have done,always will,the bridgestones work well at 75% of them,as of yet we have only been to one of these,lets see what is happening in 6 months,if i was you i would use this time do top up on your knowledge of the sport because from here it looks like you know f*@k all.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

racing

it`s the same with everybody saying racing was better years ago......well i`ve just watched a review of the 1991 500gp season on video and by the looks of it apart from a couple of races it was just as boring then as now

Reply to this Topic
yzman

Feb 06

yzman says:

Bridgestone v Mitchelin

He is still happier than miserable Danni and more gracious in defeat than moody mongrel Stoner. He is the GOAT !!!

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

Tyres

I'd say Rossi'll be pretty pissed off about his tyre choice. Mitchelin have been winning GP's for ages and it's not really a supprise that they've got their finger out after last years joke. If anyone can make them work it's the old GOAT. Good to see Stoner (the most boring bloke/boy ever) chucking the toy's out. Simon, watch the 93GP review. Kevin keeps thing interesting

Reply to this Topic
travis73

Jun 07

travis73 says:

Simon & YZ man

Mate the only eyar worth watching is the 89 season. Lawson, Eianey, Schwantz and Gardner all go at. Toos in a young doohan in his first year who, by the last race, was coming to terms with the 500. Check out his powersliding in the last race. And its spelt Michelin. No t.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices