Skip to content

Bikes Daytona 955 - Pillion/touring comfort? Please comment. Triumph

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Animal Mother

May 08

Daytona 955 - Pillion/touring comfort? Please comment.

Hi all

I currently ride a ZZR600 both singly and 2 up, both blasting lanes and a bit of touring.

I am now ready to step up a notch and go for a bigger bike and was considering the ZX-9R (c or e)which would suit my needs, but, I have discovered the ocular delight of the Daytona 955i (2001 onwards) and am now in a dilema.:wacko:

I know the ZX9 can do what I want, but, I'm having trouble finding one at the right price and it is insurance group 16.:doubt:

I have sourced a gorgeous 955 at the right price, and at group 15 insurance but have no idea what it is like for long distances on my own, or with pillion. Also I have no idea about the provision for tanks bags, strap on lauggage etc.

So, what I am begging to know is:

Is the 955 as comfy as a ZX9, for rider and pillion?

Is it possible to do some sporty touring on the 955?

Is the 955 reasonable to insure compared to the ZX9?

Any other info/comments would be great.

Cheers

Daz

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (14 May 2008 13:14)

Post a message in Triumph

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Dib 280895

Apr 08

Dib 280895 says:

DAYTONA 955i

GREAT BIKE,RIDE ALL DAY LONG,WIFE SAYS PILLION IS COMFIER THAN MY OLD SPRINT,UK & EUROPE RIDING ALL A BREEZE,THROW OVER PANNIERS HOLD ENOUGH FOR TOURING,PLASTIC TANK SO TIE DOWN TANKBAG NEEDED.ENJOY

Reply to this Topic
Frampy

Feb 05

Frampy says:

So did you go for the 955

Just did Cadwell and back from Brighton (446 round trip) could happly do it again today on my '04 955i

Reply to this Topic
sinky

Oct 07

sinky says:

955i touring (mint)

Hiya, thought i would drop you a line, i currently own the big Daytona and absolutly love it. So much so im doing the team Sheene Challenge this year, which means I will be covering over 2,000 miles on it. In regards to insurance, mine is under £200 full comp, but i have been riding since the dawn of time. Cant coment on the ZX9, but i would think its more of a kick ass sports bike than a mile muncher. I am 6'2 and the Trumpet suits my build and feels very comfortable. If you do get one make a guard up for the oil cooler as it has no protection, as i found out to my expense from stone chips from the front wheel. Oil coolers are £300 a pop. All the best Mark

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle