Skip to content

General BIG CRASH -- HELP! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > BIG CRASH -- HELP!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

BIG CRASH -- HELP!

Was off to see the family in Hereford on sunday, took the scenic route (of course). Was in Buckinghamshire doing 50-60 on an A-road when a woman pulled out of a turning on my left straight into my path.

My instinct was to try and get round the front of her car if possible and hope she stopped soon.. she stopped at the last minute.. a couple of feet from my left hand side. By then tho, i'd already grabbed a handful of brakes cos as far as i was concerned i was just about to eat some bonnet..and the bike was right up just on the front wheel.. It was beyond saving and i went over the front and down the road, bike summersaulting behind me for quite a distance.

Now, I must be the luckiest f*cker in the world cos i avoided hitting anything solid and stopped a few metres short of an oncoming car which had braked! I'm sore as hell but alive and in one piece!

I'm TPFT insurance and my company don't wanna help me out so i gotta do this whole process myself.. I have 2 independant witnesses to say it's her fault but i missed her car so she has no damage to report.. should i go for a no-win-no-fee lawyer? should i approach her ins. company myself? I got a lot of questions, has anyone been thru this and can offer me some advice? My bike, helmet, leathers, boots and bag are all trashed. I just dont want her ins. company to be able to wriggle out of anything.

Thanx a lot. 750

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (14 May 2008 21:35)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

So many responses..

Wow.. Thanx you lot, some great help there.. won't be wasting a second in this matter..

Gonna go pick the wreck up from the recovery co tom night.... :upset:

Thanx again, keep it coming!  :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrog

Oct 05

vulcanrog says:

For future reference ---

& hopefully neither yourself or anyone else on here will need it !  --- I keep a spare mobile phone on the bike,  one with a camera I keep it for emergencies ie my main phone goes tits up OR I have a crash,  if I'm in one piece & have my wits about me I'd take photos of vehicle positions ASAP & PDQ if there's any dispute.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices