Skip to content

General should you have a pint on a bike... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > should you have a pint on a bike...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

should you have a pint on a bike...

well, i posted this on pub talk. do you get shit off people for having a weak pint of bitter on a bike? from lads after work, in their vans, who have had 5 pints? have you a death wish...are you mad...etc...i like to finish work mid afternoon, pop out on bike, have a pint, fag, relax and look at bike. how these tossers can drive pissed and say i have a death wish/donor card for one bastard pint of bitter, i live 400 yards away... and no, sad brigade, im not over limit.off duty gorgeous p.c, in pub admired bike, and advised me not to have a pint as its risky. o.k, will have 2 halfs 

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (17 May 2008 17:57)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

pint

by the way, its 3 percent bitter, im not on about stella.... or riding miles.

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Alcohol slows down your reactions

Even a small amount can have a detrimental affect on your abilities.

However, from reading some of your other posts, you seem to consider yourself fireproof - so why not?

I mean it's not as if anyone would expect a biking god to walk 400 yards.

Reply to this Topic
joseff

Apr 08

joseff says:

Stevie.g

Exactly the point i was trying to make.you are quite entitled to have a beer.you know your own limits and thats that. would gorgous pc have warned you if admiring your sports car?

Reply to this Topic
BroonBottle

Apr 05

BroonBottle says:

a hot potato

There was a thread a few weeks back about drink drive limits which had very divided opinions, so I think that's what you're going to get here.

Personally, if you're talking weak stuff, then I think it's ok. That said, I do in the car, but not on the bike, but I think that just reflects my level of experience with each. When you see the police videos of drunks weaving all over the road, they've had a lot more than one pint of weak bitter.

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

so...

as for the 400 yds, do i really have to go home, get changed, gell the bald barnet(!) just for a pint ? no fuckin way have i ever drank and drive/rode in my life. so a 3 percent bitter is sad? i gat same crap alcohol free lager, so.... fark off!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

that

was aimed at paranpfan , not the othas:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

BroonBottle

perhaps i shouldnt post threads after 7 Broons! oh shite, have i opened pandoras box again! hic!:laugh:

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Interesting.

When I was out one evening I didn't drink because I was driving.

My host asked if I had a problem with alcohol, and I said it was strange that the only one who could do without a drink was thought to be the one with the problem.

Reply to this Topic
BroonBottle

Apr 05

BroonBottle says:

You're doing well

7 and I'd have my face stuck down the loo getting to taste it in the reverse direction. Yes, I'm a lightweight!!!

Reply to this Topic
denzil z9

Apr 07

denzil z9 says:

pint

Don't have a problem with having 1 pint and then riding. I think i've met the same people m8. Tell you how mad they think you are for riding a bike then proceed to drink 6 pints & get in the car to drive home!  Tossers.:mad:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle