Skip to content

Where to Ride Assen Meets, routes and tours (Europe)

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gely

Apr 06

gely says:

Assen

Am thinking of going to Assen Moto GP in June, has anyone else been and got any advice or nice A roads rather than using motorways. Also any other groups going and need another couple of add ons.

Cheers

Grant:blink:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (24 May 2008 21:43)

Post a message in Meets, routes and tours (Europe)

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ricoshay

Jul 04

ricoshay says:

assen

we're going too, gonna make it a 10 day tour into northern europe so looking for some nice routes other than motorway, anyone out there got any suggestions????

Reply to this Topic
gely

Apr 06

gely says:

Assen trip

Ricoshay. Not travelled this part of Europe yet but going on the 25th and coming back on the 1st. Staying in Groningen. Anyone out there give me any info on the Assen street parties. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
foxygrabon

Jul 08

foxygrabon says:

Assen

Too late now but anyone who goes to Assen next year needs to be aware of the dutch policy for "random" breath testing. I have just returned from Assen and on Sunday at about 10:00 am me and 7 mates were riding along the A28 back towards Rotterdam. There were hundereds of other bikers on the road at the time and the car trafiic started to backup on both lanes of the carriageway. We all filtered through the traffic and as it went down to one lane we realised what the hold up was. The police pulled every single biker into the nearby petrol station for breath testing. Every car was waved through without having to take any test!

Now I am all for the principal of random breath tests as I think it can potentially make the roads safer for all of us but to not test any of the car drivers stinks. To make things worse after passing the test I asked what the punishment would be if anyone fails - 800 euros:shock:, no endorsment and then they send you on your way:mad:, How does this make their roads safer?

Ian

Reply to this Topic
SouthcoastBikersClub

Jan 09

Assen Gp accomidation

:laugh: If your going to Assen and have not sorted your accommodation out yet i can highly recommend a company called Club Valan. The company is Run By Alan and Val hence there name. they do great accommodation and do a shuttle service to and from the race and to the night events all part of there costs. well worth a look. if you call in at www.scbc.co.uk there is a link for there web site. be sure to tell them Andy from scbc sent you. they also cover Leman too where i first met them. i recommend them to all the members of SCBC. good luck and enjoy yourself Ride safe.

Andy

scbc Administrator 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle