Skip to content

Where to Ride DUNSTABLE DOWNS - Sat 28th June Meets, routes and tours (UK)

You are in... Forums > Where to Ride > Meets, routes and tours (UK) > DUNSTABLE DOWNS - Sat 28th June

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

DUNSTABLE DOWNS - Sat 28th June

Following on from a massive ride-out yesterday...28 bikes, I believe...here's the next date for your biking calendar.

NFC has kindly volunteered to lead the group this time around, so I'll be able to play catch-up too for a change. :tongue:

BTW  If anyone has a plan for a great route, let me know so we can make the necessary arrangements.  :winkie:

See you at the Downs at 10am, Saturday, 28th June, in the usual car park as always.  :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (01 June 2008 18:13)

Post a message in Meets, routes and tours (UK)

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Samlrvs

We've not had any accidents on our rides for a couple of years, then we get two in a row this year!  Let's hope that's the last one.

We definitely rode some fantastic roads, again.  Hope to see you at the next one.  :smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

Ride4Fun

It would be great, but i have to say, now located this far north im not sure i make it down in a day.  Though having said that i was concidering Maxie rideout from Matlock and staying over night, but im still feeling pretty skint after Kam and i returned from ride to Barcelona and back a few weeks ago.. :upset: 

Reply to this Topic
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Skycat

Well, joining us is an open invitation.  I kow you're miles up in the north these days, but you may be down this way sometime, and if you are, there're a lot of great roads to ride.  :winkie:

Hope you had a great trip to Barcelona.  Sounds exhausting riding all that way.  No doubt Kam took hundreds of photo's, as usual.  :smile

Reply to this Topic
norfolknchance

Aug 05

Skycat

be great if you could come on one of the Dunstable Rides, what did you want to go to Scotland for anyway, not as if there are any decent roads up there :wacko::wacko::lol:

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

700 pics or .....

was that the amount he could store on the camera Lol..!  A fair few as i remember, and thankfully edited!

It was exhausting and in a way totally mad, which was the thoughts of all who went.  We booked through a tour company, 300 to 350 miles a day for four days in a row was pretty tiring!!  But we had a good few high points..!  See link, its not to Kam thread on MCN, but to an american forum which is easier to see the pics, no having to click on a link.

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59878

Thank you for the open invitation, i would really like to tour our island on my bike.  Contrary to popular belief i believe our wee island has much to offer in beauty, just our weather is pants aint it Lol.

Norfolk, why did i move to Scotland... erm um errrrrrr.... 'Love' :smile...okay okay put your bucket away :lol:

Hey and you guys if you happen to venture this way, Kam and i and few others would love to show you our play ground :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Skycat

Wow, what an amazing trip/adventure.  I thought our Downs trips were becoming accident prone, but it looks like you had more mishaps than you should have!

How does Kam manage to make my photo's look so mediocre in comparison?  He always manages to get some cracking shots.

Would love to join you guys for a tour of your Scottish roads...they look fantastic.  :smile

Reply to this Topic
2.8capri

Mar 08

2.8capri says:

dawnie

ouch r u ok and hows bike not 2 much damage i hope missed some good ride outs  should b on next one b nice 2 see u all again this time no work all play

Reply to this Topic
dawnie1968

Jul 07

dawnie1968 says:

terry

hi mate i'm ok, on the mend, probably won't make anymore til Sept, but they have been good, keep in touch.  D xx

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

Sky

Well I made it to your ride out so surely you and Kam could make it to a Downs ride out.  PM me if ya do and I will do whatever I can to come and long.  Not exactly a regular on the Downs runs now that I too have moved north.

You coming down for a Matlock run?  Thats really close to me.

Hope the Downs accidents arent down to me.  The one that happened a couple of years ago I was on.  And of course I was on this latest one.

Hope to see you and Kam soon.

Ride safe

Spire

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices