Skip to content

Discuss This One-way becomes two for cyclists Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > One-way becomes two for cyclists

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Michael J Carroll

Feb 08

One-way becomes two for cyclists

Cyclists are being offered the chance to legitimately ride the wrong way along one-way streets, under a trial being conducted by the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. The trial is being run on six residential streets, and could be extended to other roads in the borough provided there is no significant increase in accidents. While some councils have built separate cycle...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (04 June 2008 14:40)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HDGuy

Mar 06

HDGuy says:

Lunacy

Foolhardy or what. It's bad enough now trying to avoid the kamikaze 'we're green so we've got right of way' when traveling in the same direction. (Try going through Cambridge sometime). How many will be injured or killed as they WILL have right of way? And as usual anyone on/in a powered vehicle will be at fault, despite the cyclists having No training, No insurance, No MOT on their bicycle, and probably NO SENSE!!

Reply to this Topic
manxhornet

Oct 07

manxhornet says:

Is it.......

April 1st by any chance? Someone's having a laugh. Lets see how long it takes for one of the dozy idiots to cause an accident. They manage to crash going the right way. God knows what it'll be like if they let them go the wrong way.  

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Lets see

"Well officer, I had to swerve all over the road to hit `im.. is he dead..?" "Hang on son, let's see..." THUNK "He is now..." Corporate manslaughter charges await any bureaucrat foolish enough to put their moniker to this particular piece of legislation. Are these people allowed to breed? Because with this level of crass stupidity I don't think it will help the gene pool...

Reply to this Topic
itsahabit

Jan 08

itsahabit says:

A Joke Surely?

This cannot be for real can it? I like the bit about extending the trial "provided there is no significant increase in accidents"! Sounds like they are willing to accept there will be some rise in accidents. I am not against cycles but some cyclists should be removed from the gene pool for the good of the nation... Don't get me on the subject of horses...

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

Highway code

ALL users of the road are duty bound to follow the rules laid out in the Highway code...just because they don't do a test does not legally get them out of liability in the event of an accident. It doesn't matter whether your on foot,push bike or motor vehicle. The current so-called motorist is to blame policy won't hold up in court if there are independent witnesses and even without them its just a case of asking the cyclist etc a few Highway code questions relevent to the accident conditions. As for the one-way carry on...what side of the road do they use, you could have a case of cyclists on both sides of the traffic and many streets are not wide enough as it is, if this goes into effect i feel for drivers of wide vehicles. Councils need to wise up and think before they do such trials. Every accident is their fault...not the motorists.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices