Skip to content

Discuss This First look at Honda's ABS CBR600RR New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > First look at Honda's ABS CBR600RR

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

BenPurvis

Aug 02

BenPurvis says:

First look at Honda's ABS CBR600RR

Honda has revealed a CBR600RR with ABS brakes and MCN is due to ride the motorcycle today. The prototype CBR600RR is the first ever supersports motorcycle to feature the ABS that it plans to roll out across all its production machines within the next two years.  The CBR600RR is fitted with a completely new brake-by-wire Combined ABS system, which uses a computer control unit...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (10 June 2008 09:37)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

SPORTS BIKES WITH A B S

Will you still be able to do stoppies as long as you dont lock the brake?Will it stop you from backing it in?What will happen if i wheelie off say a bridge and dab the back brake coz its gone a bit to far?I suppose Honda no best.Hope trev does a bit of that?

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

SPORTS BIKES WITH A B S

Will you still be able to do stoppies as long as you dont lock the brake?Will it stop you from backing it in?What will happen if i wheelie off say a bridge and dab the back brake coz its gone a bit to far?I suppose Honda no best.Hope trev does a bit of that?

Reply to this Topic
1motion

Jul 07

1motion says:

boooo!!!!

the only thing i like about abs is that it keeps old people like my mom out of trouble...ive always said abs is for people who dont know how to drive. im interested to see if it causes any troubles when riding hard and trail braking. also will it be standard and if i were to decide to junk it would the ecu be able to run without it... give me the magic ferrari switch so i can turn it off and that might work for me

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Why oh why oh why...

Why does honda seem to insist that it should remove control from the rider. Combined braking systems are often a hinderance at times. I often use a trailing rear brake on the entrance to a corner and the LAST THING I want is the front brake being applied in these circumstances. If I wanted to brake on the front and rear at the same time I'd use the front and rear brakes at the same time. This system will just mean that I won't consider buying this bike in the future

Reply to this Topic
dadgayn

Mar 06

dadgayn says:

CBS

CBS - Combined Braking Systems - great idea, at least on my Blackbird. Hard braking without locking up the back wheel is a good thing by me. You should only be using the back brake with the front in normal road conditions anyway. Brake pedals are for drivers, not riders. In the old days when brakes were nothing like as good as they are now the back brake was necessary but with modern brakes on modern bikes the back brake is no longer essential except maybe in an emergency and even then a locked back wheel is a dubious asset so CBS gets the thumbs up from me. I have two other bikes without CBS (R1100S and VF1000R)and only the VF (24 years old) really needs the back brake. See you at Donington!.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices