Skip to content

Discuss This Bad vibrations from the new Suzuki Hayabusa Consumer news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Consumer news > Bad vibrations from the new Suzuki Hayabusa

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

dean godward  says:

Bad vibrations from the new Suzuki Hayabusa

I bought a Suzuki Hayabusa K8 six months ago. Since about 400 miles it has developed bad vibrations through the whole of the motorcycle. It vibrates through the pegs handlebars, tank and seats etc... Resulting in numb fingers and hands. It has now done 1075 miles and it's just as bad. I had it back to my local dealer - Powersport  of Bradford who got an area...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (16 June 2008 10:45)

Post a message in Consumer news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Vibey busa

What does the area technician mean by tolerances does it mean you will just have to tolerate it?

Reply to this Topic
twisty roads

Apr 08

twisty roads says:

bad vibes

i ve had the 08 bussa since october and done about 8000 miles and mine is the same vibes start about 4500 through to about 5500 revs which is cruising speed about 100 mph mine seems to be on the right hand side on the bars and footpeg seems to be a common fault !

Reply to this Topic
Lilimay7

Jun 08

Lilimay7 says:

Bad Vibrations

I am about to buy a new Busa,as are some of my biker friends. But now we are conerned about these vibrations. Can MCN HELP to get to the truth of the matter? MCN should have better luck with suzuki!

Reply to this Topic
keith24

Jul 04

keith24 says:

bus

before you know it the subframe will break too but seriously it sounds as if the internal engine balancer has gone out of adjustment

Reply to this Topic
pjones1

Oct 07

pjones1 says:

vibes

Mine has the same vibes at 4000 rpm to 5000 rpm , not enough to worry , but does deaden fingers while cruising

Reply to this Topic
busabird69

Jul 08

busabird69 says:

VIBRATING HAYABUSA

I can understand the comment that Mr Godward as made,I have travelled some distance on the New Hayabusa and I could not wait to get off!!,It vibrated through the rear pegs,seat and the grab rail,my hands,feet and inside my legs were tingling like hell.So come on Suzuki whats going on with this bike????????

Reply to this Topic
wildhog

Jul 09

wildhog says:

bad vibes

ive had my busa since DEC 07 4050 MILES and had no trouble one of the best bikes ive rode. Yes my ass goes numb after about two hours of riding but i think thats down to the hard seat . (a up grade my be needed i think)

Reply to this Topic
kjnash2001

Dec 04

kjnash2001 says:

re - vibes

i have purchased a suzuki hayabusa 09 model and have covered just over 5000 miles on her and i have not encountered any problems with this bike,  i have spoke to suzuki gb before i bought the bike about the reports of the vibrations  and they said they had only had reports of this from non uk spec bikes ???  

Reply to this Topic
oursmith2005@btinternet.com

Apr 07

hayabusa vibration

Hi! have read that some people are having vibration problems with their Hayabusa K8's.

I have had the same problem with my bike and it started at 11750 miles and it is as you described it exactly. The problem was easily solved in my case as the bottom rear engine mount bolt broke off. The bolt is situated behind the side stand bracket an is 250mm x 12mm bolt with nut and goes through the frame, gearbox and frame and is easily changed in about 15 mins. To renew this bolt you need to remove the side stand bracket complete by removing the 2 10mm allen bolt and remove the allen bolt from the trim on the right side. 

At the time of finding this problem I was unable to get the bolt from the dealer and so I sourced a bolt from my local bolt sullier as a temp fix.

The fix was instant and all signs of vibration is now gone. 

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

VIBES ?

had my bike 2 years and no vibes... best bike i ever had, lovely and smooth..

this is scare mongering by people that don`t even own the bike never mind rode the bike.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices