Skip to content

Discuss This Bad vibrations from the new Suzuki Hayabusa Consumer news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Consumer news > Bad vibrations from the new Suzuki Hayabusa

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

dean godward  says:

Bad vibrations from the new Suzuki Hayabusa

I bought a Suzuki Hayabusa K8 six months ago. Since about 400 miles it has developed bad vibrations through the whole of the motorcycle. It vibrates through the pegs handlebars, tank and seats etc... Resulting in numb fingers and hands. It has now done 1075 miles and it's just as bad. I had it back to my local dealer - Powersport  of Bradford who got an area...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (16 June 2008 10:45)

Post a message in Consumer news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
marshk

Aug 02

marshk says:

2010 model, vibrations still happening

Interesting to read this thread, bought a 2010 model recently and have just got back to riding properly after the winter lay off. Bike suddenly started vibrating badly through the seat and right footpeg and now starting on the right hand grip, took it in for it's 4000 mile service and was told by the dealer (George White, Plymouth) that it was a loose connecting pipe on the exhaust. Fitted new pipes and the vibes continue, now really making riding this thing an irritation. OK in sixth between 70-80 but after this feels dreadful, tight and buzzy. Awful round town unless you get it into 4th. Back to the dealer this is not right. Had a ZZR1400 before the busa that was turbine smooth well beyond 100 - the morale of the story, don't change your bike to accommodate an occasional pillion (even if it is your wife)! No more Suzuki's for me.

Reply to this Topic
arnunn

Jul 06

arnunn says:

2010 model

Well I did have the vibrations, enough to make me want to just park it up and walk away, but as it was a German import into Spain I lost any sort of warranty, so it was down to me.

So I just did what most dealers fail to do properly, went round and slackend/torqued back up every bolt as per the 1000km service, balanced the throttle bodies (well worth doing) etc, I did this again at 6000kms after the bike had seen a few 1000kms being ridden hard, and it really benefited from being pushed hard, difficult on this type of bike I know, but worth it. Now it has a tingle at the 6000 rev mark, and that's it, infact when cruising at the 5000 rev range it can feel too smooth! as if its coasting in neutral.

It is a difficult bike to 'break in', probably very hard to do in the UK with all the anti-bike pressure/cameras etc. I do have the luxury of good roads, weather etc and places where you can really stretch her legs!

Keep an eye on the chain tension, at 20/30mm of play it almost seems almost too tight but makes a world of difference, oem chain gets slack spots very easy, happened on all my Suzukis.

Reply to this Topic
speedeur

Aug 11

speedeur says:

Hayabusa vibrations

Same problem for me. Buy for 1 mont a 2008 busa and I have vibrations near 4500 trs/min to the hands, foots and tank. Is there somebody know how to fix thix problem ? I will be mad with it, because in france when you ride ont the highway at 130 km/h it's exactly 4500 tours/min :( There is more vibrations on the right side of the motorcycle. Thanks for your help.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices