You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > anti corrosion

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

simonheatman

Feb 08

simonheatman says:

anti corrosion

Just bought a GSXR 750 after years of owning Hondas. As the reviews say the Suzuki are not the most robust of machines I,d like to know what I can use to protect the bike from corrosion and general deterioration.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (16 June 2008 20:59)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
iancol

Sep 07

iancol says:

Corrosion protection

It depends to some extent whether you're going to ride it in wet weather and when there's salt on the roads.  I do, and as I'm more interested in riding the bike than looking at it, I treat all unpainted/unlacquered parts (except the exhaust) with Waxoyl, applied with a paint brush.  This sets solid after a few hours and offers very good protection against water and road salt.  I also plaster this on exposed parts of the engine casing (the bits facing forward).  For painted/lacquered parts, I spray with Scottoil protection spray.

It soon looks a mess, but it's either that or leave it in the garage for months on end.  Other products will do the same job, as others will advise.

Reply to this Topic
Tulstyman

Jun 08

Tulstyman says:

Anticorrosion

Hi Simon.  I have been using ACF50 this last winter to good effect.  I can't say if it is better or worse than the WaxOyl suggested to you but ACF50 comes in a spray, doesn't spoil the look of the bike and is uses in the avaiation industry. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices