Skip to content

Discuss This Chaos at Donington MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Chaos at Donington

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Chaos at Donington

After a fab day at Donington Park, even though Valentino Rossi was second. After the race we had to go and endure the total chaos off leaving the track. Some bloke had blocked us in so we had to wait for them to move their car. Then we had to wait 40 minutes to get out of the car park, only to find traffic was being...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (23 June 2008 11:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
staylo

Aug 02

staylo says:

Never in a car!

I feel sorry for you guys stuck in traffic chaos getting into and leaving the circuit. I thank 99.99% of you for showing consideration to us bikers. Only one complaint about the selfish idiot car driver on the A453 (on the way in to the meeting) who decided to block the middle of the road that bikers were carefully filtering through. Remember, by filtering we are actually helping to relive congestion. I arrived at the circuit earlier than I have ever done before and the queues were the longest I have seen in 12 years. For the record, atter the moto GP race I had a casual walk back to my bike, got my gear on, joined the queue and steadily filtered out. I was riding passed Ratcliffe power station 20 mins later. I'll never go to the British GP in a car, whatever the weather! But I agree, Donington needs to have a re think about easing the traffic and improving the facilities.

Reply to this Topic
steburns

Aug 06

steburns says:

Caos parking

I had to drive to donnington as had the girlfriend with me. I personally thought the parking was a joke, there were 2 guys telling the bikes to go one way and the cars the other but then it was a free for all on where to actually park your car so there was no order and i'm not supprised people were blocked in, we were fortunate enough to be able to get out our space but only just. I think a lot of time would have been saved if they arranged proper parking rather than just guessing where to park!!

Reply to this Topic
banger972

Jun 08

banger972 says:

car park

it took me just 20 mins to get out of donnington!:laugh: In a car!!!!:laugh::laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

Caos parking

It's caos because they employ retard's that have no clue about what day it is let alone how to organise a car park or check tickets for that matter, they just looked at mine gome out and said ummm just go through. I managed to miss the traffic on the way out as my friends and I decided to take to the farmers field. We were at the pub in donington 15 minutes after starting the car, beautiful!

Reply to this Topic
Richsim

Jun 08

Richsim says:

Caos

Me and my mates got back to the cars about 5 mins after the main race. 2 hours later we had not moved. I was lucky enough to be in a 4x4 so we all decided to knock down a fence and try and find a way out. In the end it took us 3 hours 45 mins to get out of the car park! We phoned the other car when we where on the M1 and they had still not got out, 5 and a half hours later.

Reply to this Topic
silverstone2010

Jun 08

Car Park to M1 in 2 hours!

Waited until the end of the meeting, had a walk around part of the track and a longer look around the stalls looking for a bargin. Tried then to leave the car park at around 6.45 thinking most people had left by then. Still to two hours to reach the M1, most steward seem to have gone home or thought it was funny to drive round with hazard light on... This year the whole family came (the mrs and 3 daughers). Quote from one of the daughter "going to the toilet is like going in a pig sty. Donington never again, let hope for Silverstone in 2010!!

Reply to this Topic
russellref

Oct 06

russellref says:

Chaos at Donington

That's just mindless. I remember many years ago when the Formula 1 GP was at Brands Hatch and it took 5 hours to get away. It just one of those things. You're all clammering for Silverstone but just and wait and see in a couple of weeks time. The 4 wheel moaners will have just as many problems getting away from that dour place. I have also been to Le Mans and of course it will take time but you come prepared and make the best of it.

Reply to this Topic
awol26

Jun 08

awol26 says:

donington exit roads

I agree Donington is chaotic as regards leaving after the racing but Mugello is worse. Mugello is accessed by a solitary road from the motorway network and it takes ages to get both in , and out. The toilets at Donington are never numerous enough but try Le Mans, the French just crap in the woods. I 've been going to Donington and Brands for 15 years and to European events for 10 years with mates or wife and kids, on  a bike or via car, and generally the more relaxed attitude and value for money offered by European authorities and circuit managements means they get my cash. 

Reply to this Topic
wpotter

Mar 06

wpotter says:

Slept!!

Went back to the car and slept for 2hrs, woke up to find that nothing around us had moved!! Eventually was taken into the track and up the peripheral road past Craner curves to exit at Redgate - was about 3.5 hours to get from car park to M1 and then had to drive to Edinburgh.....

Reply to this Topic
lucretia

Nov 03

lucretia says:

With the territory?

This sort of traffic does not go with the territory - or at least it shouldn't. I've been going to events at Brands, Donington and just about everywhere else since I was about 6 (not much of a boast at 19 I'll admit...) and this was the most appalling traffic mess I have ever seen. If there had have been a contingency plan in case those scanners packed up then there would not have been a problem with getting in, and just a little more communication and organisation would have gone a long way on the exit front. When you pay hard earnt cash for a product you expect it to live up to the price, and if Donington are going to keep on pushing at those ticket prices then they are going to have to sit down and think long and hard about how to actually organise themselves in the future. It's one of the best circuits for viewing in the world, but it really does need to get its act together.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices