Skip to content

Discuss This The quick get away MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > The quick get away

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

twinkle  says:

The quick get away

We attended our first MotoGP yesterday at Donington Park and thoroughly enjoyed the day except for James Toselands crash out of course. I do have to say that the detour for the traffic was bloody hilarious as we were diverted half way around the country. The food prices were ridiculous - you needed a second mortgage for a burger and chips and the toilets...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (23 June 2008 19:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Colino28

Apr 08

Colino28 says:

Donington Toilets

With you on both points. The lack of toilets down the outside of Craner resulted in blokes openly pissing up the wall in front of women and children. What made me laugh was Larry Carter praising Donington on their proper toilet facilities.:upset: Obviously he doesn't use the same as the general public.

Reply to this Topic
9999steve

Jun 06

9999steve says:

its was me!!

Sorry to say i was one of the guys pissing up the wall! After twice queing that was enough for me! I heard the comments too regarding investment but i think they meant the paddock suite gold taps!!

Reply to this Topic
9999steve

Jun 06

9999steve says:

its was me!!

Sorry to say i was one of the guys pissing up the wall! After twice queing that was enough for me! I heard the comments too regarding investment but i think they meant the paddock suite gold taps!!

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Fred & Larry out of touch

they just don't understand ! Stoner shuns his fans slags off tosland as a dangerous rider! when he was Mr gravel trap 2 years ago then spends all season moaning about rossi last year then slags off his pit crew if he has a bad day. HE IS THE MOST UNPOPULAR RACE WINNER OF A GP EVER IN THE UK.THE FANS HATE THE BLOKE AND QUITE RIGHT TOO. what gives him or any commentator the right to voice there opinion then criticise the paying public for showing there dislike of a rider or a out of touch journo

Reply to this Topic
lovell2576

Jan 08

lovell2576 says:

Thoughts

Facilities were appaling, I think worse than last year, especially for the campers (About 4 showers for how many people?). I am not bothered myself, as probably many other blokes that were camping were not, but they should have at least had a decent area for the ladies and children on the campsite. On Stoner, the only rider from MotoGP who did not show for the riders for health auction, even Lorenzo donated some leathers and a note of apology along with Loris. What sort of message did that send out (I guess it was because he was booed last year) He rode great all weekend, you cant take that away from him but he needs to win brit fans around again and whinging aint gonna do it. JT had a nightmare weekend but look at the support he got every lap of that race, he earned that because he gives something back to the fans.

Reply to this Topic
jedpb

Jun 08

jedpb says:

Moto GP Donington

It seems that everyone is on the same wavelength about Donington - awful. If only Moto GP was held at Brands Hatch, the only problem is that it is not long enough. I diagree with the British Moto GP going to Silverstone because it is a s**t circuit it should be held at Brands where there are excellent facilities.

Reply to this Topic
Telboye1

Jun 08

Telboye1 says:

Reminded

Gotta say that reading these post's has reminded me why I stopped going several years ago, was hoping that they (Donnington) would get thier act together by now but apparently not. seems like it will be another several years before I attend a GP, or then again maybe not.

Reply to this Topic
jedpb

Jun 08

jedpb says:

One last thing

I agree with you 'clarkson2197fsworldcouk' I am 16 years old and Rossi is my hero - always has been - but stoner is a t**t ignores fans and refuses to sign the odd autograph at the back of the garage - dick!

Reply to this Topic
neillow1

Feb 04

neillow1 says:

facilities??????

i have been going to donington for the last 5 years and nothing has changed as far as toilets and showers are concerned, but why do some people get them mixed up and persist in having a dump in the showers , i managed to get hold of the manager the first year i went and complained,last year i went looking for him but could not find his office,when i complained to one of the security guys he just laughed in my face ,as for getting out ,i have a 380 mile trip back home so a few hours kip after the racing is a great help and it generally lets most of the tfaffic out but this year seemed to be pretty bad , i did wait until 9pm and it took me about 5 minutes to get out

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices