Skip to content

Discuss This Doningtons road network MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Doningtons road network

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Ian Sowersby  says:

Doningtons road network

Just like to say for the first time in nine years of going to the MotoGP at Donington Park - Congratulations for finaly getting the road network sorted. The only thing that I would say is that putting cones down in the middle of the road to mark out lanes was a bad idea. The only thing the cones managed to do was stop...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (23 June 2008 20:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Run it Abroad

The only way we will ever have a well run British GP is if it is staged in Europe and run by European circuit owners, sad but a fact of life as Donnington simply wont invest in spectator and Camping facilities let alone road infastructor, they simply don't deserve it

Reply to this Topic
9999steve

Jun 06

9999steve says:

yes but yes but . . .

Ian, i take your point and the european circuits are far from pefect but they certainly dont take the piss out of the paying fans as with donnington. Ive been to a few and as far a field as philip island and they dont even come close to the piss take that donnington is for a motogp in 2008! £6 for a progam was just about the icing, in le mans this year rhey were free!!!

Reply to this Topic
cw46

Mar 06

cw46 says:

Another pain

3rd time to Donington to watch the gp, and still the same. We learnt from the last visit to wait a few hours before attempting to leave the circuit. so after leaving the track we set about packing the tent awayand traffic was staring to build up. we walked around the track again to look round all the stalls, then at 9pm went ba k to the car to leave and the traffic was still the same. So i dont know how Ian can say they have sorted the problem out. Although we love the racing, the facilities are, to be honest crap!!! the showers were under one big tent and all open so where were the woman meant to go? the 8 shower cubicles we saw outside didnt work, so i saw many woman showering with the men. The toilets stank after 2 days. We dont expect a 5 star hotel when camping but surely Tom Wheatcroft can afford to update the publics facilities. We love bike racing and look forward to donington, so will go again, but just next time will be better.

Reply to this Topic
foxy-teamSTW

Jul 07

foxy-teamSTW says:

just heard

that Donington is getting the F1 GP from Silverstone in 2010. Probably get some investment into the circuit and road network now, at long last.

Reply to this Topic
chubbie

Aug 02

chubbie says:

Alright then...

...but be honest, would you really want a crap track like Silverstone to be hosting MotoGP? I also think that most of all, it's the interior access roads to the facilities like toilets that need a rethink. All access seems to be up and down the road at the side of the fence. This is usually full of spectators either walking about or pitching up a chair to watch. If the access roads were on the other side of the hill, they might be more inclined to attend to 'stinky' toilets a bit more often!

Reply to this Topic
bandit fighter

Nov 07

roads

i agree with the cone comment bad idea,but overall i must say a lot of the comments and critisism iv'e read about this years g.p is a little harsh,let's face it if you've got to get 90,000 people travelling in cars and bikes,campers vans and cars with caravans,down small country lanes all arriving and leaving at roughly the same time,your gonna get delays right?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices