Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner being booed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner being booed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

andypitt56

Jun 08

andypitt56 says:

Casey Stoner being booed

I feel that the way the crowd at Donington Park booed Casey Stoner was disgusting. I am not a huge fan of Stoner, mainly because of his arrogence, but I feel that he is a great rider and the only one who can ride that Ducati. He is world champion and rightly so. He deserved to win the Donington MotoGP as he was fastest all weekend...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (24 June 2008 10:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
toze

Jun 08

toze says:

to travis73...

Nice try mate, I'm 28...  I can also read, unlike you evidently, as I said if I want to boo I will... not that I did or that I agree with it (Is this not a discussion forum?!).  Also,  I didnt complain about the conditions once, I merely commented on them.  I had an amazing time, as I do every year.  But fail to see the point in all this anal retentive crap people like you keep spouting.  Try getting laid...  You might be less uptight :wink:

Reply to this Topic
kentguy

Aug 07

kentguy says:

Casey Stoner being booed

I remember a bloke called Sheene, he was racing at scarborough, he was getting a lot of verbal and sgns from the so called fans whilst out practising, when he came back in the pits, myself and a freind were at his caravan, he ws not happy when he came in he went into his caravan and changed, then he came out and was his usual freindly self, he did not let anything like that upset him.

This bloke Stoner upsets the fans by being arrogant last year and get a few remarks, so what does he do, yep throw the toys out and not go to the day of champions this year.

Maybee Melandri cannot get on with a bike that does everything other than points itself round corners, lets see what  Sete can dowhen he gets the bike, remeber it was Stoner who punted him off and ended his carrer.

As for the people calling Stoner a wan££r thats an insult to guys who masturbate.

Reply to this Topic
bandit fighter

Nov 07

dean white 99

just read your posts

are you stoner in disguise:ph43r:?-lol:lol:

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

Stoner's bloody wife is worse than him...

If anyone caught the Eurosport coverage where they happen to cath her giving Casey an 'ego-boosting' rant they'd agree she comes across like Posh Spice - spoiled by the money and fame. Unfortunately the 'Stoners' are now true celebs and in my opinion have started acting like he's won it again before its even over. :shock:

Although Casey himself does seem a little surprised and humbled that he's so much faster at the moment which gives us a glimmer of hope he has some kind of a 'down to Earth' side that makes him feel lucky to be racing with the likes of Valentino Rossi let alone beating him.

Regarding bad receptions at Donington you have to think JT was out of it leaving Rossi, who will always be a fan favourite in the UK, left to pick up the pace for the fans who've paid loads of money and travelled from far and wide to see a legend win.

Stoner winning is not what they wanted to see and unfortunately people can have their say as its called freedom. In my opinion if Stoner wins a GP you should have the right to ask for your money back - LOL. I don't like Stoner I really don't but I'd like to see him beat fair and square. :biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Simple

Just wish you was him! hahahaa stop joking to yourselves, he's got life pretty much sorted :P stoner, i hope he bags 4 titles. he is amazing

Reply to this Topic
biggee9

Mar 05

biggee9 says:

Bikes not football

DON'T TURN OUR FANTASTIC SPORT INTO FOOTBALL. ANYONE BOOING ANYBODY FOR PUTTING THIER LIVES ON THE LINE TO ENTERTAIN FELLOW BIKERS SHOULD HAVE THIER TONGUES RIPPED OUT. GROW UP!!!!!!!! YOU SOUND LIKE YOU WOULDN'T MIND IF HE CRASHED AND BURNED.:mad:. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CIVILISED HUMAN BEINGS, NOT THUGS.

Reply to this Topic
danjoh

Aug 02

danjoh says:

It's not 'the British Public'

Don't blame the 'British Public' for the actions of a few idiots. I was at the GP and saw no one booing Stoner. All he got was applause at the podium. I don't doubt there are people who don't like him, given his dour interviews after races and the way he regards his team-mate - myself included - but it is a small number of these who are actually booing him. Most people are just enjoying the racing :)

Reply to this Topic
AlwaysScratching

Jun 08

Anyone else notice at the start of the warmup lap in every round, Stoner always puts his hand up and hangs right back, then makes everyone wait on the grid for him to arrive. A little bit bad sportsmanship I feel, letting everyone's tyres get cold as they wait for him, maybe 1/2 the reason Rossi crashed out?

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

tyre grip

Starting the warm up lap slowly and building up the speed so that the tyres are grippiest for the start is simple common sense. Every other rider could do it if they wanted.

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

Stoner Booeing

I am ashamed to be British when R souls Boo at a talented rider. I am not a Stoner fan, but would never boo anyone, very yobbish indeed. When Stoner is performing well he is ok, but toys get thrown out the pram when his bike is not to his liking. Gesturing to other riders who annoy him on track and stomping back into his garage and having to be nannied by his crew.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices