Skip to content

Discuss This Petition for to improve BBCs MotoGP coverage MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Petition for to improve BBCs MotoGP coverage

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guido  says:

Petition for to improve BBCs MotoGP coverage

We all know that MotoGP will not be shown on Eurosport in 2009, thanks to Dorna. After being on Eurosport for so many years it will be on the BBC. But there's hope. If you sign this http://www.petitiononline.com/motogp09/. The petition is for the Eurosport commentators (Julien Ryder, Toby Moody and Randy Mamola) to replace the ones on the BBC in 2009 and get coverage...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (27 June 2008 16:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Fixer

Aug 02

Fixer says:

BBC Coverage

I agree with wanting to see the 125's, 250's as well as the supporting races and what about the sidecars? What I don't agree with is the commentary team. Leave Charlie, Steve, Matt and Suzy there. Thank you

Reply to this Topic
matto3227

Nov 07

matto3227 says:

I hate too say this but....

With BBC getting the F1 coverage rights for next season as well , i can only see the Moto gp coverage staying the same or getting worse. Whats going to happen on the weekends where there is Both Moto and F1 coverage? You cant see the beeb bumping F1 and king Lewis from their spot at the top so its going to be Moto gp that suffers yet again. Its all fine and well the BBC having having the rights for everything but surely the coverage is going to be second rate?

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

beeb

matto .... think you've hit the nail on the head mate. i reckon what we have is as good as it gets with the beeb, it'll never show full coverage of the whole weekend. if it's any consolation, moto-gp and f1 try to ensure that the premier races don't clash. ho hum.

Reply to this Topic
Karlasaki

Jul 08

Karlasaki says:

BBC MotoGP coverage

Steve Parrish, Charlie Cox and Suzy Perry are some of the best presenters on the box! They're the ones to prevent us getting 2nd rate coverage because of the F1!

Reply to this Topic
yournamehere

Sep 06

yournamehere says:

I signed

If the BBC are going to get motogp they can at least bring the broadcasting standard up to that of Eurosport. If they don't I'll somehow find if Toby, Julian and Randy have moved to a foreign english speaking channel and figure out how to watch it. Anything to not have the boredom of the current BBC team.

Reply to this Topic
yournamehere

Sep 06

yournamehere says:

I forgot to add,

Wouldn't it be a better idea to petition Dorna instead? Since they control the rights and all.

Reply to this Topic
gilmour2

Nov 06

gilmour2 says:

Dorna

Tried to send a message to dorna, didn't get through. Do'ya think they've been swamped and blocked any more . Does any one know how else to contact them.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Remember Y2K

The BBC baught the rights to show WSB over Sky .That was only cos of the Foggy factor ! A guarenteed  British winner, bound to make good viewing figures .Within a few races and Foggy out the shows became less important and Worldsupers found their way onto Eurosport the next season .Not wishing bad luck to James but say he just does`nt cut in Moto Gp and goes back to Worldsupers ,the BBC will drop Moto Gp like a hot potato and THAT is BOUND TO  HAPPEN! So it`ll be 1 maybe  2 years of shortend races ,races  cut to go to bowles and no after race interviews . Watch this space !

Reply to this Topic
david coupland

Jul 08

Leave the BBC alone!!!

Sky coverage is OK until the adverts cut you up mid race, the commentry is second rate and the interviews are as stiff as cardboard. BBC in the last few years has made MOTO GP in the UK. It's a winning team, leave them alone. It's what we pay our TV licence for!

Reply to this Topic
benCBR6

Jan 08

benCBR6 says:

Live coverage

Eurosports live coverage of free practice and qualifying, as well as 125 and 250 classes is fantastic. I doubt BBC will be bothered broadcasting much more than the GP race. I hope I'm proved wrong. I say put it all on BB3 or something rather than faffing around with BBCi!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices