Skip to content

Discuss This BBC clinches new five-year MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC clinches new five-year MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

mattbirt

Aug 02

mattbirt says:

BBC clinches new five-year MotoGP deal

The BBC has signed a new five-year deal to screen MotoGP until the end of 2013, less than two weeks after Dorna controversially axed British Eurosport’s coverage. The BBC deal includes the rights to show, the 125, 250 and MotoGP races, plus qualifying, and sees the BBC exclusively screening MotoGP in the UK until the end of the 2013 world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (09 July 2008 09:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HDGuy

Mar 06

HDGuy says:

BBC Team

Now is the time for us all to rally the BBC to get rid of Charlie Cox, Matt Roberts and that complete KNOB Steve Parrish. Then bring in the EXCELLENT, knowledgeable commentary team of Julian Rider, Toby Moody & Randy Mamola. Suzi Perry should be the only one to stay as she knows her stuff & manages to question & get answers from some pretty tough teams, riders & principles that others never seem to get. It's about time we had a decent commentary team. Who's had to sit & suffer the monotone dross spouted during the BBC's 125 & 250 races? It's painful!! We all have to pay a licence fee, so lets try & get 'Auntie Beeb' to listen to us.

Reply to this Topic
gordyboy

Apr 03

gordyboy says:

BBC

I couldn't agree more. The BBC commentary team is absolutely woeful. Charlie Cox hasn't got a clue, and Parish just prattles on and on and on about "when I raced against Barry Sheene . . ." Go back to racing trucks, Steve. P45's all round please. The only reason I watched Eurosport was because of the fantastic and enthusiastic team of Mamola/Ryder/Moody. The BBC is missing a golden opportunity not to snap these guys up.

Reply to this Topic
Stuart Fordyce

Nov 03

BBC and F1

What happens when a MotoGP race clashes with an F1 race? What will the BBC show? I never watch the BBC due to their awful commentary team, hopefully they are replaced.

Reply to this Topic

Feb 06

020528 says:

Couldn't agree more...

Although, from what I've seen of him, Matt Roberts seems like he's worth keeping.

Reply to this Topic
Hoppo R46

Jun 08

Hoppo R46 says:

BBC

What good is it showing the 125's, 250's and qualifying on interactive. Like many of us I occasionaly have to work weekends and I enjoyed catching up in with the days qualifying and support races after sky plusing it! How the hell are we meant to do that now that these are on by pressin the stupid red button?!!.. On Eurosport you could simply record the whole day with no worries! And im not even going to start on about the BBC commentary team of tweedle dee and tweedle dumb, and Miss please let me f**k James Toseland.. Matt Roberts is worth keeping.

Reply to this Topic
grahamjayzee

May 06

grahamjayzee says:

Let's Save Toby, Julian and Randy

Agree with everyone so far. The loss of the Eurosport team would forever ruin the coverage. Let's tell the BBC how we feel. It takes an age to find out how to contact them, but let's try and make our feelings known. I have sent this: I am interested to see you have acquired MotoGP and 125/ 250 coverage for 5 years. Can I implore you to consider employing the Eurosport commentary team of Julian Ryder, Toby Moody and Randy Mamola? Suzi Perry is very worthy and earns her place by her ability to get comment on the grid. Please also ensure we can get full coverage of the 125 and 250 races much as we do on Eurosport. I'm sorry, but the to replace the Eurosport commentary team with Cox/ Parrish will be the kiss of death for the coverage of these fine events. Graham

Reply to this Topic
Rrobert

Aug 02

Rrobert says:

BBC

Hi, You guys should be thankful, I moved to Australia where on the freebie channel you get Daryl bloody Beatie or you pay for the priviage of listening to Kevin Magee, both of which seem to think there is only one rider worth watching - you guessed it Casey jumped up little toss pot Stoner. Now and then they'll mention Rossi and I think I heard them mention Toseland inbetween sniggers at Donington. So right now I'd be happy to hear Parish etc. That said if Moody/Ryder and Mamola aren't snapped up by the beeb some one isn't doing their job right and should be sacked !!

Reply to this Topic
djjonnibgood

Sep 07

djjonnibgood says:

Charlie Cox

Didnt Cox drive cars? What good is having a commentator on an event that doesnt have a clue what he is on about? Would the beeb have Alan Shearer commentating on rugby?No i dont think so

Reply to this Topic
johnnyboysblade

Jul 08

BBC

Give it a break, ive watched the Eurotrash coverage and half of the time it seems like the editor has gone to sleep, at least the BBC dont miss most of the action. Parish and Cox provide a decent balance between technical info and a bit of comedy although it can be a bit like 'biking for dummies' at times. We could do with getting the practice sessions on the interactive aswell!

Reply to this Topic
Rrobert

Aug 02

Rrobert says:

johnnyboysblade

if I remember rightly, the pictures were the same, just with different commentaries - could be wrong though?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices