Skip to content

Discuss This BBC clinches new five-year MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC clinches new five-year MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

mattbirt

Aug 02

mattbirt says:

BBC clinches new five-year MotoGP deal

The BBC has signed a new five-year deal to screen MotoGP until the end of 2013, less than two weeks after Dorna controversially axed British Eurosport’s coverage. The BBC deal includes the rights to show, the 125, 250 and MotoGP races, plus qualifying, and sees the BBC exclusively screening MotoGP in the UK until the end of the 2013 world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (09 July 2008 09:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vardypeeps

Jul 08

vardypeeps says:

BBC

I think this is a good move for MotoGP. Who cares if the commentators are pants so long as we get to watch it. At least if your busy on the weekend you can catch up with the racing during the week at what evertime you fancy. Good Move!

Reply to this Topic
hughbastard

Sep 06

hughbastard says:

The only way I would watch MotoGP on the Beeb is to put it on the HD service and pixelate Suzie Perry's face. I have watched MotoGP on Eurosport for nearly ten years and I don't think that the BBC can justify giving it the same amount of airtime that Eurosport can give it. Exclusive rights are a disservice to the fans, under every circumstance.

Reply to this Topic
charlie croker

Jul 08

bbc 5 yr deal

I'm gutted that I am now going to have to watch the bbc coverage,it is woefully painful to listen to,I and many others  have said about the bbc commentators being so bad, in fact I've just been to the bbc website there is a small report about assen titled motorsport mayhem ? really, I watched this report and didn't know whether to laugh or cry,what mayhem? and then suzi (love her) she reports that hayden had a problem at the end,problem? tell us what went wrong that's what we need to know,eurosport told exactly what had happened live as it's happening.I then clicked on the link to watch again at assen on bbc iplayer Hmmm nothing there.It reports that 125s and 250s will be on iplayer,not good enough.The bbc coverage has gone back 10 to 15 years compared to coverage and quality  of eurosport, so let the bbc know what we would like to see and hear,we all pay the bbc licence fee. Auntie beeb needs a good kick up the backside all the way to the Sachsenring or we the fans who love watching motogp will be fobbed off with flashy new titles but the same old coverage.:mad: but has anyone got the gonads to make these changes and has the foresight for some decent coverage?

Reply to this Topic
wpotter

Mar 06

wpotter says:

Beeb

No I'm not a fan of Chuck Cox and after attending the Riders day at Donington I think the best commentary duo would be Ryder and Parrish - bald men don't do it for me so I'd rather look at Suzi Perry but I do enjoy Randy's pit commentary (although Matt's ain't bad). It is good that the Beeb have undisturbed motoGP coverage as every other channel seems to put 2 or 3 ad breaks during the race (don't see them doing that during each half of football!?). Eurosport is a sports channel and obviously they are going to show more sport but a repeat later in the week would be nice. Can we have the qualifying on the TV rather than interactive so that if I'm out I can tape it on the V+ box - if you're going to show it, show it all! Stuart Fordyce - F1 will be given high profile BBC1 coverage, motoGP will remain on BBC2 so unlikely to overlap (do they not schedule F1 and motoGP for alternate weekends as much as possible?)

Reply to this Topic
juliecrock

Aug 06

juliecrock says:

BBC

Just get rid of Charlie Cox, at least Parrish was a bike racer, and does know something about the sport.

The BBC though does show the 125s and 250s live but you have to push the red button,

Just got to get rid of Cox he is Cocks!

Reply to this Topic
akayel

Sep 02

akayel says:

Noooooo!

The only good thing about BBC coverage is that there will be no adverts, thats it. Eurosport’s commentary is worlds ahead of the BBCs. What better than the living legend Randy Mamola’s pit lane commentary? I would like to bet that its all about money, Dorna says otherwise but will I have to pay to watch qualifying via the red button? I will miss Eurosport’s coverage like a bereavement:~(

Reply to this Topic
grumpytwin

Jul 08

grumpytwin says:

BBC Moto GP

First, the advantages. No bloody ads. Not even the awful Nicky Hayden Michelin one. But someone has to take the BBC aside and be polite but firm. Fire the Les Patterson-Ken Livingstone double act. Immediately. Don't care that Parrish used to race. There is only one choice. Take on the Moody-Ryder-Mamola team from Eurosport. They get confused, have insight, are amusing and have strange mannerisms. If Moody and Ryder could just learn to breathe during commentaries....

Reply to this Topic
squeak34

Jul 03

squeak34 says:

HELP...

why don't we petition the bbc to employ Toby Moody,Julian Ryder and Randy Mamola if anoth people get together about this surely they might listen,having no adverts will be grate but we need these compentator's.

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GET RID OF PARRISH AND COX THEN I MIGHT BE NOT AS UNHAPPY! BBC SUCKS FOR MOTORSPORTS COVERAGE!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
juliecrock

Aug 06

juliecrock says:

BBC

The coverage from the BBC is free via the red button for 125s and 250s, plus they have a different comentary team, not that Cox bloke.

Without doubt the best is Toby and Julian, and Randy's insights are just great, i for one will miss the Eurosport coverage, i doubt the BBC will have free practice on Friday as well!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices