Skip to content

Discuss This BBC clinches new five-year MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC clinches new five-year MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

mattbirt

Aug 02

mattbirt says:

BBC clinches new five-year MotoGP deal

The BBC has signed a new five-year deal to screen MotoGP until the end of 2013, less than two weeks after Dorna controversially axed British Eurosport’s coverage. The BBC deal includes the rights to show, the 125, 250 and MotoGP races, plus qualifying, and sees the BBC exclusively screening MotoGP in the UK until the end of the 2013 world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (09 July 2008 09:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Attwin

Aug 02

Attwin says:

BBC MotoGP

Such a hammer-blow , I agree with akayel in that Eurosports coverige has become such an integral part of my life that losing it is going to feel akin to a bereavement. THE ONLY thing the BBC MUST do is hire Moody , Ryder + Mammola , they need to realise what an important part of motorcycling they have become for us race fans who only have Eurosport in the first place because of their exemplary Moto GP programmes.

Reply to this Topic
russbyrne

Aug 02

russbyrne says:

BBC motoGP

Oh no. I wonder what will happen the first time the motoGP or support races clash with a "more popular" sport, or one of the races over runs due to a red flag incident. I bet the first thing sacrificed will be the bike racing. And, please please get rid of Charley Cox. The guy is a complete moron who has not got the first idea what he's on about. Much prefer Moody, Ryder, and Mamola. At least they know what is going on.

Reply to this Topic
HDGuy

Mar 06

HDGuy says:

BBC MotoGP

Here's the link to put your comments to the BBC regarding their hopeless commentators & to ask for Rider, Moody & Mamola to be hired. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/3701180.stm

Reply to this Topic
TheSpongle

Sep 04

TheSpongle says:

Petition to get Toby, Jules, & Randy on the BBC

This has been running since the news broke. Pass it on to everyone you know. Almost 2000 signatures already!

http://www.petitiononline.com/motogp09/petition.html

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
The Spectator

Jul 08

BBC MotoGP

What a disaster...Ryder, Moody & Mamola are a class act.. they are an integral part of the broadcast MotoGP experience. They offer a complete, informed and educated commentry with relaxed ease and humour. I've tried watching the Beeb but to be quite honest after a few minutes I get so wound up by Parrish and Cocks...sorry Cox.. it spoils the race. The best thing the Beeb could do now to secure their ratings is to bring on board Ryder, Moody and Mamola

Reply to this Topic
big fat fish

Jun 08

big fat fish says:

Sorry Scott, Bradley and Eugene

But looks like I can't watch your races next year-Shame. I'll be out in the day and unable to set the video to watch you all. Dorna said they wanted terrestrial coverage. I don't see how hiding races behind menus and red buttons covers this requirement. The BBC are celebrating clinching a deal with our licence fees and then not letting us watch whenever we see fit. Ahh well, more time go out on the bike i guess.

Reply to this Topic
philipsmith

Jan 05

philipsmith says:

Finally, no more Moody and Ryder!

Controversial, and regardless of the BBC commentary, but I'm delighted to no longer have to endure the cringeworthy Eurosport commentary. Mamola is admittedly excellent, but Ryder and Moody? Horrific! Great news for the commentary and camera work as far as I'm concerned.

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

Red button

I work quite often when the races are on and set my sky+ to do the job for me.How can you record via the red button.A lot fewer people will be able to see the races and with out Toby/Julian/Randy, it wont be half as good. Suzy Perry knows nothing about bikes and just flirts with the riders and...................... oops nearly nodded off thinking about the shit deal we will have to suffer. How about pay per view with Julian/Toby/Randy and No bloody adverts

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

What a laugh

MotoGP safe in their hands - I don't think so! What happens during Wimbledon fortnight, or when the World Cup is on. No live coverage that's what. Qualifying, the 125s / 250s. Forget them, they'll be off the agenda.

Reply to this Topic
big parko

Jul 08

big parko says:

British Eurosport

SHOCKING Dorna! Where were the BBC 10 years ago it's part of the whole weekend listening to Randy, Toby & Julian it won't be the same. The only time I put BBC on is when the adverts are on Eurosport and I have to turn the sound off. Stavros good guy but not a true fan like the Eurosport guys it's all a bit smug for me "I've done this & I've done that, etc". This news has put a right downer on my MotoGP weekend. Totally agree with stopmmyduke. Big Parko NOT APPY

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices