Skip to content

Discuss This Banned from riding my motorcycle by my employer Other

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Other > Banned from riding my motorcycle by my employer

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Godwin  says:

Banned from riding my motorcycle by my employer

I would love to have ridden my bike work on Ride to Work Day but unfortunately I work for a company contracted to National Museums and Galleries in Liverpool and they won't allow me to park my Triumph Speed Triple in their car parks. I've tried explaining I'm doing my bit to cut congestion and emissions but to no avail. Nobody will tell me...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (17 July 2008 11:45)

Post a message in Other

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oldfatfart

Feb 08

oldfatfart says:

bike to work

It is disgusting to hear this,Employers have no right to dictate how you get to work,that is purely your choice.

Reply to this Topic
hughbastard

Sep 06

hughbastard says:

My company said that motorbikes were to be banned from parking in my company car park. As the only full-time biker this was clearly discrimination. My response: you will open the gate for me else nobody gets in. It is amazing how blocking a car-park gate for 15 minutes (when people are trying to leave) suddenly focuses the attention of the directors. I also parked in the CEO's car-parking space for a month. Amazingly the barrier now lifts automatically. Power to the people.

Reply to this Topic
Dawn@museums

Jul 08

Dawn@museums says:

I know!

Hi John. Please don't feel discriminated against - I work for the museums and spotted your comment. The car parks at the museums are only open to staff on the museum payroll, and they have to BUY a space for the whole YEAR. There isn't an option to park for a day or anything like that, and I'm not sure the offer extends to contractors as they deduct the money from the payroll. I used to drive but now get the train as it works out cheaper than paying the car park rate for me. Some other staff have found cheaper parking nearby. Hope that helps clarify the situation :) Dawn

Reply to this Topic
johngoodram

May 06

johngoodram says:

Banned

Are the car parks paid for from our taxes,is it legal to be banned from work because of your prefered form of transport,does Hitler live

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices