You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > textile jacket and trousers

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

pete369

Jul 08

pete369 says:

textile jacket and trousers

hi peeps im looking to buy a textile jacket and trousers are some better than others or are you just paying foir the name on the pocket what sort of money should i be looking at spending as a min??:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (19 July 2008 17:53)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
T180985

May 08

T180985 says:

Frank Thomas

I bought some Frank Thomas textile trousers and jacket for about £220 after 10% discount and ive found them to brilliant for the few weeks ive used them. Came with a removable thermal lining in the trousers and a removable thermal and waterproof lining in the jacket although from riding in some fairly mild rain just the jacket without the linings has been fine and seems to keep me warm enough so far. Would highly recommend them

Reply to this Topic
gerry hatrick

Apr 08

Textile jacket and trousers

I to have Frank Thomas textile gear and find them totaly waterproof but find they can be to hot in warm weather even with the vents open. Paid £100 for the jacket and the same for the trousers at the show at the Exon centre. 2 years old now and about 10,000 miles and 1 accident later still as good as new.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kinnell

Jul 05

kinnell says:

textile

It does seem that you get what you pay for. I used to be a courier and nothing kept me warm and dry untill I bought a top spec dainese jacket...but.....£380 :unsure: 

Reply to this Topic
Tonybloke88

Aug 08

Tonybloke88 says:

JTS Bike Gear

I used to be a big fan of JTS bike gear, my first pair of waterproof trousers lasted about 3 years but the when I replaced them last year the new ones leaked after 6 months and now the replacement trousers have started leaking!!

I ride every day so I would suggest that they are still worth a look for occational use.

Reply to this Topic
pete369

Jul 08

pete369 says:

thanks

peeps for your help i will def give f thomas a look as well,

i am on a limited budget for gear looking at spending around £500 so im trying to find stuff that thats"cheap" without being nasty!!

looking at around £100 on a lid tho dont want to cut to many corners but budget means ill have to somewhere i think!!!:doubt: 

thanks again

pete  :tongue::tongue:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle