Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi takes incredible win at Laguna Seca MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi takes incredible win at Laguna Seca MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Angus Farquhar  says:

Rossi takes incredible win at Laguna Seca MotoGP

Valentino Rossi has taken victory at Laguna Seca in one of the most fantastic MotoGP races for years. Casey Stoner dominated practice all weekend but come the race it was Rossi that pulled it out of the bag to put incredible pressure on the Ducati rider. The opening four laps were absolutely amazing with the two riders swapping places constantly - at one point...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (20 July 2008 23:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Cayf

May 07

Cayf says:

Travis73....

....you're sounding just like Stoner! There's a big difference between riding defensively and riding dirty, and Rossi was clearly protecting his line, as the leading rider you're entitled to do that. As for Rossi brake checking, you're the only person that saw that my friend.. Stoner rode a great race, I'm not a fan of his but you can't deny his ability on the bike, it would've been great to see that one go down to wire.

Reply to this Topic
deemax

Aug 07

deemax says:

rossi (the king) of gp

Valentino out-raced-out-taught and broke stoners will and stoner just could not accept the outcome, he needs to grow up , and stop sulking,like a little girl.

Reply to this Topic
XRWoody

Oct 05

XRWoody says:

Genius

I thought it was the best race for years: Stoner was just disappointed at loosing and he reacted in a moment high emotion and disappointment. It was a great race and saved us from ridicule from the F1 contingent after the last few MotoGP processions we have had to endure. There was good racing further down the field as well. I am sure on reflection Stoner will realise that is racing and, more importantly, that is what the fans want to see. If Casey would rather it be a procession, he can go and play in the F1 park. Rossi showed pure genius, I have never seen lines down a straight that were so clever, and so important to the upcoming corner. How he kept an obviously slower bike in front like that was just inspirational. Pure class. Good luck to Rossi, he deserves the championship for that one race alone. Nice one ;)

Reply to this Topic
dskyrme

Aug 05

dskyrme says:

california dreaming

bout bloody time we had a race like that but as for casey's moan,ask any racer, from club level to gp's once the visor's down and the lights go out, they will not give an inch, if you watched the bbc coverage and stoners point blank refusal to shake rossi's hand in parc fermme this is not the attitude of a champion if the shoe was on the other foot rossi would be the first one there to congratulate him, and casey wonders why people don't warm to him

Reply to this Topic
nic james

Jul 08

nic james says:

rossi v stoner

Blimey what a race, i looked at the site mentioned by Lancashire dry, i had to copy it in case the site owner changed his mind! http://www.caseystoner.co.uk/blog/blog/ 

I watched the race again this morning, looking for what travis was on about....he must have been watching a different race.

Rossi Champ....Stoner Chump

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

Laguna Seca Motogp

It was a terrible pity that after a stunningly exciting race where no quarter was given by either protagonist that the vanquished once again disappointed his legion of followers by throwing his teddy out of the cot. Hard racing certainly, dirty racing never. Would it be possible for a tiny amount of his vast salary to be spent on a PR Guru and then maybe he would get the universal support his undoubted talent deserves. Rossi was .2 of a second slower than Stoner in the last quadrant of the race but used wonderful tactics to nullify this weakness in his Yamaha and emerge the victor. Regardless of the pro or anti hype for either of these racers last night we watched the true Head Master display his incredible depth of race craft to emerge as the true master.

Reply to this Topic
nc30nutter

Sep 04

nc30nutter says:

I've Figured It Out!!!!

I think I've actually figured why Rossi ran wide at The Corkscrew!!.... Stoner gave him a grin as he came past and the sun beamed so brightly off of his huge horse like gnashers it temporarily blinded him. Keep brushing and polishing Casey... It seems that its you're only effective weapon against The Doctor!!

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

The Finger

Did anyone notice the Ducati engineer wagging his finger at Casey 'the brat' Stoner in parc firme. What was that about? Had the red-faced Aussie blamed his team, or was he pushing for a protest, and being told firmly to eff off?

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

stoner not aggressive

after stoner realised what the shit Rossi was up to, should have been more aggressive, give Rossi some of his own medicine. If that has been the likes of Bayliss Rossi would have ended up with his head in an air fence

Reply to this Topic
minezx9

Jan 06

minezx9 says:

Still the man!

Ever wonder why Stoner isn't a popular champion? Well now we all know. Strange when another rider keeps with him during a race(and the electronics/tyres/speed advantage isn't enough) he crumbles? Did you see the faces in the Ducati pit garage during the race? What a picture. Guess that wasn't part of the game plan. They knew their "golden boy" wasn't getting it his own way. Valentino i salute you. The Laguna Seca "monkey" is finally off your back and you showed the world that you are still as hungry as ever by "taking it" to Stoner and giving us a true display of guts, skill and determination. No quarter asked and none given. World champion Stoner is. World's best on(and off)the track? Do me a favour!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices