Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner upset with aggressive Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner upset with aggressive Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Casey Stoner upset with aggressive Valentino Rossi

Casey Stoner criticised MotoGP title rival Valentino Rossi after the pair tangled in an epic Laguna Seca race. Aussie Stoner was upset with what he felt was over aggressive tactics by Rossi to secure his 66th career win, and a first since he triumphed on home soil in Mugello.Several times in a frantic opening six laps, Stoner and Rossi exchanged overtakes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (21 July 2008 10:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nc30nutter

Sep 04

nc30nutter says:

Unbelievable.....

The Laguna race was one of the best i've seen in ages but it was spoilt by one thing: Casey Stoners disgusting attitude. Does the boy expect people just to let him come past and then bugger off into the distance at every race? Valentino took it to him and showed him some proper racing and he just did not like it. The thing that really topped it all off for me was (if you were watching the BBC coverage) when Vale came over to Stoner and offered his hand. Stoner refused point blank to shake it. That is not what I would expect from a professional sportsman or indeed a World Champion. Grow up Stoner. You wonder why the public aren't too warm to you?? I suggest you look back at your post race conduct on video and hopefully the shame of seeing what a petulant little so and so you are will have the desired effect. Steve

Reply to this Topic
Squashed_Fly

Sep 07

Squashed_Fly says:

Pathetic loser

Clearly Stoner's spent too much time out in front, he's forgotten what racing is like. He should remember what good racing is about from his 125 & 250 days! But as for his comments to Rossi and not shaking his hand, what a tosser. Rossi still shook his hand when stoner beat him last year. He obviously thought Rossi should have stood back and let him past. It's a real shameas I was just beginning to change my mind about Stoner as well. But then he just goes and shows what a tit he is.

Reply to this Topic
farry91

Jun 08

farry91 says:

stoner wat a W****R

stoner should just shut up because if he had the chance he would do exactly the same passes as rossi did but he just hasnt got the skill to carry out these kind of passes. this has just made my hate for stoner even more aggressive! if he won im sure he wouldnt be complaining?? and im sure 99% of people would agree with that. stoner is not a true champion and rossi just proved that he is!! go vale!!!! 46

Reply to this Topic
Mowen

Jul 08

Mowen says:

Bad Sport

What a complete tart you are Stoner. I was busy praising you for getting 2nd despite having to pick the bike up out of the dirt.....right up to the point you opened your mouth in park ferme. If you had kept your cool it would have been a photo finish accross the line and you might have stolen it. I'm pleased you binned it after all.

Reply to this Topic
schilla46

Jun 08

schilla46 says:

if you got nothing positive to say...

forsure for stoner its hard, young, has not been around! I can understand him being rattled and not used to it, but he shouldn't of said nothing! Rossi did what he had to do, if stoner had of got in front it would of been another boring race, stoner by 10 sec. And what Rossi done was spectacular, tatical an only Rossi could do it..and it was great to watch..You can all diss stoner for the media show...but if you watch it for the media show your a wan*er anyway..hats of to both of them - what a great race, no one else could do that but them to and there wouldnt of been one with out the other. Great race! Hope for more! People go easy, Rossi is used to the media game, give stoner 3 or 4 yrs!

Reply to this Topic
Crampy8322

Jul 08

Crampy8322 says:

Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

As most of us saw last night MotoGp delivered one of the greatest "man on man" race for absolutely ages. Congratulations Valentino Rossi on outriding, outfoxing and outsyching Casey Stoner. But what a numpty Stoner is for having a go at Rossi. He wonders why he gets booed at after the British Grand Prix, well, whilst I don't condone that behaviour I can understand why people do it. He just doesn't endear himself to the racing fans. The sooner he realises that "he" rides the bike, not "we" as he always says in his interviews (we really enjoyed that race, we found the tyres going off !!!) the better of he will be as a great champion. At the moment he is just the champion. Between Stoney's c**p attitude and Charlie Cox's c**p commentary ("staring down the barrel" 100 times and "crossing the stripe" 28 times) the only good thing Australian in Motogp is Chris Vermeulan's performance to third.

Reply to this Topic
Ninja.chick

Jul 08

Ninja.chick says:

Lets all vote for the Canonisation of Saint Valentino Rossi!!

:biggrin:

Rossi, you are a God! You completely owned the track, the race and more importantly...that Australian " boy" Stoner.

I love Rossi. No really I do. All those who doubted him last year? Where are you now? Ah yes that will be you in the sea of yellow? lol! Me, Rossi is with me EVERYWHERE I go. Literally, (see photo)

I would agree with all the other comments, Stoner this was a RACE. The best man (soon to be Saint) won! Be the alleged professional you are and take it like a.....(all readers please feel free to insert whatever word you see fit! lol)

Have to go now, am trying to contact Sir Bob Geldof and see if he can't speak to the Queen, The Pope, The Archbishop and some stupid Yank called Bush about ascending Vale' to where he deserves! lmao!!

GO ROSSI!!! I want another star on my AGV lid!!!

Annabel

x

Reply to this Topic
PhilCBR6

Jan 08

PhilCBR6 says:

Rubbing is racing

If the old adadge "rubbing is racing" is true then Casey and Rossi were not even having full on racing. No contact was ever made, so what is Casey crying about? He needs to spend a week in a clubmans championship to remind himself what racing is about. People rub paint and bash fairings in real racing, so Casey needs to shut up and remember he is not doing some sort of GP parade lap for the fans. He is annoyed not because of Rossi's moves, but because he came second and more importantly, Rossi broke him for the first time mentally by forcing a mistake. He is annoyed that he has lost the mental advantage and spooked he may not get it back. Rossi is up to his old mind games again; glad to see the old Rossi is back, along with some proper racing. This is the first race this year I have not fallen asleep during. Phil

Reply to this Topic
HDGuy

Mar 06

HDGuy says:

More Whining

FFS Stoner! It's Motorcycle Racing, NOT the knitting championship!! I only saw one dodgy move, & that was when VR run off the track at the corkscrew. I'm no VR fan, but he was just better than Stoner where it counts. What about the onscreen graphics comparing throttle/brake control. VR feathered the throttle like a real racer whereas Stoner pinned it every time letting the Ducati's superior electronics sort it out for him. Get rid of the electronic gismo's & then we'll see who the best real motorcycle racer is. And as for VR, he & Yamaha would be nowhere without Jeremy Burgess sorting out the duff engine produced before they signed. It's no coincidence JB has been at the helm of several 500cc & MotoGP champions working his engineering magic on the engines. Yamaha had a duff, so JB totally re-designed it, not as claimed 'sorted it out'. The real champions out there are the engineers getting the most out of small engines to go racing.

Reply to this Topic
HDGuy

Mar 06

HDGuy says:

Baby Stoner

Just reckon that if Stoner had been around at the time of real racing against Rainey, Mamola, Lawson, Gardner, Schwantz, Doohan, Spencer et al, he would have been curled up in the corner with his teddy bear sucking his thumb after one race. And I thought the Aussies were made of sterner stuff.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle