Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner upset with aggressive Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner upset with aggressive Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Casey Stoner upset with aggressive Valentino Rossi

Casey Stoner criticised MotoGP title rival Valentino Rossi after the pair tangled in an epic Laguna Seca race. Aussie Stoner was upset with what he felt was over aggressive tactics by Rossi to secure his 66th career win, and a first since he triumphed on home soil in Mugello.Several times in a frantic opening six laps, Stoner and Rossi exchanged overtakes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (21 July 2008 10:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
edenv

Dec 04

edenv says:

Crybaby V Rossi

Its no wonder most of the British moto gp fans dislike stoner he's such a pathetic whinger when things don't go his way.He would do well to take a leaf out of Vale's book and praise rivals when they win just the other week Vale was saying stoner's supernatural.I would beg to differ I would say stoner's a super whinging crybaby.

Reply to this Topic
jnh-hrc07

Jul 07

jnh-hrc07 says:

vale doing what vale does best. messing with peoples heads on and off the track. think its dangerous? then switch to F1 and just go round in circles. i'm hoping this turns in to a proper rivalry. it was half the fun when rossi and gibernau fell out. its a shame stoners attitude will likely kill his career like with gibernau if it does turn into a proper feud. sete let rossi get under his skin too much and suddenly he couldn't win a race, putting too much pressure on himself to beat one man. i cant help think that if stoner doesn't learn to keep quiet and take a more laid back approach the same fate may be waiting for him. i could be wrong, but its happened to so many riders and drivers in the past.

Reply to this Topic
JP4Hire

Aug 03

JP4Hire says:

Apprentice

Look Casey, you are now what Rossi was, in 10 years time you will be whoopin those young fast riders with all your experience................ Showin them who is god

Reply to this Topic
JP4Hire

Aug 03

JP4Hire says:

Apprentice

Look Casey, you are now what Rossi was, in 10 years time you will be whoopin those young fast riders with all your experience................ Showin them who is god

Reply to this Topic
gj4627

Jul 08

gj4627 says:

Lack of knowledge

read the MCN comments nearly daily. I'm regulary struck by the lack of knowledge by the die hard Rossi fans. I can imagine that's difficult to see your GOAT get his ass kicked by a 21 year old Aussie. Rossi is, and will probably always be, the best. Comments on Stoner however show absolute lack of knowledge of racing and the state of mind of most sportsmen. Please think before you write.... If you had any idea what was going on you would be ashamed of yourself, as Rossi probably is ashamed for most of his 'fans'.

Reply to this Topic
toly900

Jul 08

toly900 says:

respect

If Stoner wants respect on and off the track then he should start by showing it to others.His constant moaning and tantrums are wearing thin and not worthy of the sport.His ego is both massive and massively fragile and if he's not blaming someone else for him getting beaten he's waving his fist and shaking his head all through practice at other riders.At laguna Rossi had him beat on the first lap as he couldn't believe that he had been caught and passed after pulling out 10 bike lenths at the start and his riding became aggressive and desperate trying to stamp his authority on these mere mortals.The fact that his machine allowed this kind of riding is a testament to Ducatis race program which seems to reward this type of riding throughout the classes(LOrenzo paid a high price with much less aggression)Stoners whole problem is he believes "HE" is 20 seconds a race faster than anyone else in the field and machine advantage/disadvantage has no bearing unless he is not winning.The sad thing for him is he probably did have a faster pace than Rossi but this time it was used to defeat him.

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Thankyou gj4627

Your absolutly right with people being blinded by love for rossi, altho, if there ever was a racer to instigate this, he's the man. Stoner is still young and fairly arrogant (as all young racers are - if your not, you get swallowed up on customer bikes, not factory ones), he's been stuck on the slower bikes on the grid all his life, now he gets the fastest, god is he gonna be defensive about everything he does with it. what most people will also fail to look upon is that, that desmo is HIS bike, its not marco's. they changed it early on in the season to make it more accessable, but failed, so they reverted back to the winning formula. Its the same for rossi, that M1 is his bike, the same as the old 999R was bayliss' bike. When you are the pinacle of what your doing, you HAVE to be defensive, lets face it, people have been on his back all last and this season. i hope he never reads these sites cos he'd realise how blind people are to how much rossi winges when he doesnt win. look at some facts, he only went to yamaha cos they paid twice as much as HRC, if he wanted the best bike, the RCV211 was by far the best bike out there. and lets not forget the mega tantrum he farted out with in 2007 when he swapped to bridgestone, and now, with THAT corkscrew maneuver, which he'd of condemmed if someones else did it (which he did the whole time at assen "riders using run off to cut back in spoils racing"), should of pulled back behind stoner, that kinda annoyed me. I hope stoner wins it this year, looking at the gap he's having to rectify, and how much he's pulled away from where he was, i think he's got momentum to do it!

Reply to this Topic
SMR114

Jul 08

SMR114 says:

What a whinger

I can't help but think that Casey is doing himself no favours. It seems that when things are not going his way he feels the need to complain. If it's not for getting in the way during a qualifying lap, then it's for being followed and if all else fails it is because the racing was too aggressive. He has an unbelievable talent and teamed with a fantastic bike is almost unbeatable. But on that rare occasion that it does not go to plan he should look back at the race and see how to beat the threat next time out not complain about what the majority of the comentaters called good old fasion racing. If all the races were like this, Donnington would not be big enough to hold the crowds. It was without doubt the best race for years, even rivaling the Edwards V Bayliss epic.

Reply to this Topic
annaesthetised

Jul 08

an artist vs a butcher

rossi uses finesse, stoner uses brute force.[p] an artist v a butcher.[p] it's a great contrast and at Laguna it made for a beautiful race.[p] it was a shame stoner dropped it cos the finish promised to be awesome.[p] if stoner had any sense he would have gone staright to rossi in front of the cameras and shook his hand and said he was proud to have been in such a fantastic race - and he should have been too, because it was a fantastic race.[p] i don't think we'll ever see that kind of race again in motogp cos judging from his petulance it's apparent that stoner will probably stamp his feet until ducati give him more power or whatever it takes for him to force his way past the artist rossi without actually racing him.[p] racing is racing, it isn't about disapppearing into the distance with more power than everyone else.[p] but stoner has told us now that he doesn't like racing - he only likes winning.[p] that's a pity cos it could be a great fight if he decides to take up the challenge and actually race rossi instead of just saying that he should be allowed to force his way past with his superior acceleration and top speed, which is visibly obvious to the rest of us, as much as stoner tries to deny it.[p] we can't fault ducati for giving him a better bike than rossi has, and we can't fault stoner for using it to the max, but when they get beat like that, ducati should put a restraining order on stoner to stop him looking so bad with that attitude problem he has.[p]

Reply to this Topic
Fuller46

Apr 05

Fuller46 says:

corkscrew manoeuvre

my view is that rossi did whinge a bit last year - and rightly so. he got what he wanted and now he's winning. but all the stoner lovers on here should remember the time biaggi blatantly tried to push rossi off the track at high speed - what did rossi do? cry like a baby and fall off trying to catch him...... no, he took him on the next corner and gave the annoying little whippet of that time the finger.. and the incidents happened at about the same time in both their careers - surely that goes to show the different attitudes of the chaps. shit im starting to think pedrosa might be a bit more fun

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices