Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi defends Laguna overtakes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi defends Laguna overtakes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

mattbirt

Aug 02

mattbirt says:

Valentino Rossi defends Laguna overtakes

Valentino Rossi protested his innocence as he came in for a wave of criticism from MotoGP adversary Casey Stoner following their thrilling Laguna Seca scrap. Stoner hit out at Rossi for being too aggressive with his overtaking moves, but the 29-year-old denied any risky passes as he stretched his points lead to 25 over Stoner going into the summer break. “After a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (21 July 2008 10:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
2strokelethal

Jul 07

46=1

The Doctor was in the house in Laguna and boy was he in form, he surgically took Stoner apart, it was a pleasure to watch the greatest at what he does best- RACE. Im a big Stoner fan,(not as much ad Vale), hes an awesome rider and when he gets a clear track hes hard to stop and he deserved the championship last year, but this is a different season and bitching about hard racing aint going to stop the legend that is Rossi. Rossi took it right to him, every time Casey made a pass Vale wouldn't let it stick and went right back at him, it was the best rest of the season so far and i hope to see many more, what i dont want to see is Stoners team have to tell him to wise up as in parc ferme as hes acting like a bitch. Shame Jorge and Dani have wrecked their seasons, its a two horse race now. I want the Greatest to be in my time GO Valentino Rossi 46

Reply to this Topic
brianjthomas

Oct 03

brianjthomas says:

Loser Stoner

I am not a fan of Stoner but I had begun to feel sorry for the poor little twat after his televised moment of petulance and rudeness with Rossi. However, I then saw this interview with Rossi on the RTE website: "On the podium he (Stoner) told me (Rossi) that he'd lost respect for me because he's been racing for many years and he doesn't remember ever having a race like that." God he must lead a boring life, he needs to talk to Mr Bayliss, Corser and co. to learn the facts of life. Someone also needs to tell the little shite that he may have some fans in the UK but there are many that will have lost total respect for him now and this reflects badly not only on him but also on Ducati and country. Live up to the other great Australians current and past who have been icons for many generations. To be blunt Casey you stink and Rossi is the greatest ever. You will never be his equal no matter how many races you win.

Reply to this Topic
jnh-hrc07

Jul 07

jnh-hrc07 says:

travis, i usually agree with what i read from you because you don't usually come across as a biased fan... but brake checking and running someone wide? i'm sorry, but for how long have these been tactics in all forms of racing? and dont talk about concrete walls. its not an issue in AMA, and with motogp's insane attention to safety.. i dont think they would be racing their if they considered it an issue. stoner himself is on the safety comity. if he doesn't like it he can do something about it. and changing lines? jesus are you kidding? the worst thing you can do against any opponent in any sport what so ever is be predictable. me? i'm just a fan of great racing, and i was a fan of stoner as much as i am of rossi, but for some reason complaining about the fundamentals of a sport that you are supposed to be a professional at kind of kills your reputation and likeability.

Reply to this Topic
zx12arrgh

Sep 07

zx12arrgh says:

Eddy998

Eddy998.........

'If it hadn't been for his blocking tactics he would have been left for dead' :huh:

Did you watch the same race? Stoner WAS IN FRONT at least 3 times, he was out ridden by the MASTER :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

AlwaysScratching...........

Good call, last comment is by far the better from the last blind-faith rossi supporters, he worked hard all race to just make the slightest errors, id be hating myself too. and yes! this season will go down to the wire in similar fashion to 2006, what was the chances of me saying that after 2007??????

Reply to this Topic
snorris1969

Jun 08

snorris1969 says:

rossi/stoner

the fact is rossi got his tactics spot on , where stoner was quicker he made sure his bike was as wide as possible and made stoner push harder than he wanted too , stoner has got talent no doubt but he needs to grow up and admit he was beaten by the better rider on the day .

Reply to this Topic
wpotter

Mar 06

wpotter says:

Looks like...

Stoner has been reading from the gospel according to Biaggi, if you don't win blame the machinery or your opponents....:lol:

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

attitude

i love this,about time we saw some aggression!!!...frig off live on tv!!!...awesome better than just shaking hands and saying well done mate...stoner is the only guy who can take the fight to rossi,lets have lots more spittting dummy out and telling em to frig off!!!...i can see some running each other off the track coming up cos unlike the ponce pedrosa...these 2 won`t back off from each other i can`t wait...i hope they start scrapping live on telly that will send the viewing figures through the roof

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

racing

Like "toe down sv racing" I was a big supporter of Stoner since his 125 days, but unlike him, I am not blind & Stoner was totally given a racing lesson & Rossi wound him up so much he tried to be too late on the brakes & put himself off on the dirty part of the corner simply by trying for faster corner speed to get a run on the straight... He even put himself on the dirty part of the track half a dozen times braking at the end of the straight... Just to confirm that skill in the corners is also part of racing & the story of the tortoise & the hare spring to mind, as you've got to have a good brain to race...

Reply to this Topic
jessbradley

Jul 08

jessbradley says:

stoner

SPOT ON....I only wish I was Ducati's manager, stoner what a wanker

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle