Skip to content

Where to Ride DUNSTABLE DOWNS - Sat 30th August Meets, routes and tours (UK)

You are in... Forums > Where to Ride > Meets, routes and tours (UK) > DUNSTABLE DOWNS - Sat 30th August

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

DUNSTABLE DOWNS - Sat 30th August

Following on from another fantastic day from the Downs, here's the plan for the next one.

As it will be getting towards the end of summer we have thought about riding somewhere different and going to the seaside and extending the season.

We have chosen the seaside town of Walton on the Naze (Englands Friendliest Resort) as our destination.

This day will not just be a ride. We intend spending a few hours there doing whatever you feel like. They have a bowling alley on the pier, arcades, a decent beach and even a pie and mash shop (and some!!), what more could you want!!!!.

To do this we have to make an earlier start than normal. A 9.30am meet ready to leave at 10.00am prompt. It should take us about 2-2.5 hours to get there. We will try to avoid the main roads but at the same time not use all the best twisties so enable us to get to Walton in good time for lunch.

The route intended is to fly up to Luton Airport and catch the B653 to Welwyn Garden. For the large part we will use the A414 from there till Maldon, going through Harlow and Chelmsford. From Maldon we go north up the B1026 towards Colchester. Just before we hit Colchester turning right onto the A134 that leads onto the A133 that then leads onto the B1033 through Frinton on Sea to our destination.

From there we will make a decision on what route we come back. Or You may even decide to stay the night. They have a few caravan Parks and B&B's.

This is the weekend after the August Bank Holiday and 2 weeks before the Brighton Burn Up so hope we get a good turn out.

Sounds like a fun day out to me.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (23 July 2008 10:27)

Post a message in Meets, routes and tours (UK)

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Change of Plan!

The leader for this expedition can't make it, now, so we'll just have a normal day's riding starting and finishing at the Downs. The weather's looking promising, so should be another good day out.

See you all Saturday at 10am...don't be late, coz we won't wait.  :tongue:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Plan B

Ok everybody, a new plan has been formulated!  Steve (which one? lol) knows the way, so we'll be following him, instead.  :laugh:

We're still going to Walton on the Naze, but as a day trip, not an overnighter (unless you really want to stay, of course...but it might be a bit lonely).  Should be by the sea in time for lunch.  Be at the Downs fully fuelled, as it's a 100 mile trip and we won't be stopping.  :tongue:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
XxDayWalkerxX

Aug 08

:(

unfortunately im workin until the 30th so cant make it :(

Reply to this Topic
JesteR6

Jan 08

JesteR6 says:

Plan B

Sorry guys and gals but can't make this one : (  as i'm working nights and finish my shift Monday morning.

Have a great ride and remember

" Be safe out there "

Reply to this Topic
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Next Time

Hopefully you guys can make the next one.  :smile

Reply to this Topic
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

By the Seaside

Another good day, and this time we didn't have any accidents nor lose anybody (although when we came across another group of corner markers I thought we'd be in trouble!!!).

Thanks for everyone who turned up to make it a great day in the sun, especially to Steve for taking over the route leader, and Liam for collecting the markers.  Nice to see some new faces, too. 

Not sure when we'll be organising the next one, but I'll put a post up soon.

Reply to this Topic
steveGSX

Jul 07

steveGSX says:

downs

good rideout again the bit i did

forgot the guys name but here is the info you wanted for the tomtom/ram mount system for ya satnav

www.telferizer.com

01614765701 after 6 pm

hope this helps , any probs look me up on

londonbikers.com forum name steveCBR11xx

Reply to this Topic
2.8capri

Mar 08

2.8capri says:

sat nav

cheers steve my name is 2.8 capri  thanks again see you on the next run terry

Reply to this Topic
GSXRAng

Sep 08

GSXRAng says:

Thanks

:tongue: Found you lot at last. Thanks for a good ride to Walton we were lucky with the weather too, can't wait for the next one.

Reply to this Topic
xsplayer

Jan 09

xsplayer says:

hi

hi im from the dunstable area ive been riding for around 2 years and i looking for like minded two wheel enthusiats to ride with. whenare you thinking about having another ride out and do you mind newbies tagging along? cheers ryan

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices