Skip to content

Discuss This Arrogant, anti-bike shop keepers Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > Arrogant, anti-bike shop keepers

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Arrogant, anti-bike shop keepers

Just today I was also told to remove my helmet in a shop. I wear an open face helmet and I had also taken my shades off and pulled my buff off my face. The owner told me: "take your hat off." I turned to face him and said "Why? Won't you serve me with it on?" The reply was NO his whole manner...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (29 July 2008 14:33)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Triumpeter

Jul 08

Triumpeter says:

Snave / Yellowninja

When did the Westminster bubble merchants legislate that helmets are to be worn when entering buildings?My understanding of the law relates only to when ridng on the highway. My point is quite simply that removing bike gear, helmet, buff etc removes a large degree of uncertainty. Only you know that you have no maliciious intentions. We cannot see through the gear worn. Having proper eye\facial contact and being able to identify suspicious behaviour may enable some preventative actions being taken. And yes, sometimes you are sh*tting yourself if one or more people enter a small shop with their identities obscured, and also, around here all the robbers looked human to me!, and yes, we do have a few of them in Liverpool. Try it and work in an environment where you are exposed to this hyped up "government scare tactic", it happens and innocent workers get hurt. What I said was that a much greater degree of advantage is with the person who whose I.D cannot be discerned. Therefore it is common sense and safer to have these barriers removed regardless of its use (and not just in a bike context). If this saves just one shopworker from a hiding then the very slight inconvenience of us removing our lids is a very small price to pay. P.S I did not state that someone was "hiding" their identity, which implies a deliberate action, rather I said that gear "hid" their I.D implying a passive result of wearing any such gear.

Reply to this Topic
alser

May 07

alser says:

tut tut trumpetit

does your comments apply to muslem women you a hole

Reply to this Topic
Hedgeholer

Mar 06

Hedgeholer says:

Helmets in shops

Look its simple. *Everyone* has to remove their headgear of whatever sort and that's fair. Or no one does and that's fair too. But *don't* tell me someone in a bhurka or whatever covering is safe because they're a female .... that was the a disguise one of the 7/7 bombers' helpers used to skip the UK - The person in a bhurka could easily be a man. I *am* sympathetic to shopkeepers but removing bike helemets is such a tiny fraction of the solution its false security. If you need barrier screens like a bank or building society - fit them. I've seen quite a lot in Liverpool already (mostly in the offies). *Maybe* you could ask will your local council help with the cost to keep the shop open contribute as an amentity? For sure you can claim against your tax and - more importantly - Screens'll work against all the theiving, robbing scrotes who *don't* wear bike helemts. (Err, that's most of them by the way).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices