You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Kawasaki gear box

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

paddy horton

Jul 08

paddy horton says:

Kawasaki gear box

after having my 53 plate ZX9R for 18months i,ve found that the gear box is starting to feel clunky and noticed that if the bike is stood for a couple of days the green neutral green neutral light is not on when the ignition on even though the bike is in neutral. I,ve checked the chain tension and adjusted the clutch but its still the same or maybe this is just a characteristic of all 12000 mile ZX9Rs

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (31 July 2008 08:53)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

ZX 9 R CLUNKY BOX?

Hi Paddy

No I dont think it is a characteristic of your bike.The early models ie C+E models did have gearbox problems.With yours it may just need a oil change and new filter.And also maybe the gear change pedal and tie rod and change lever boss adjusting to suit you or just adjusting to work better.Also you say you have adjusted the chain but have you checked for wear?. Also you say you have adjusted the clutch but did you take the cable off and check it was free moving and lube it?. As for the neutral light not coming on all the time I should think this to be a bad connection at the bullet connector on the end of the neutral light switch or chain lube build up pushing the conector off.Or a faulty neutral light switch.Could also be a loose or bad connection at the bulb in the clock? but it is usually at the switch.The switch is under the drive sprocket case so check also drive sprocket condition and retaining nut is tight while your in there.

Good Luck

K.C. and the sunshine band up top:tongue:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle