Skip to content

Discuss This Donington new track layout MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Donington new track layout

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

wackjonny

Jul 08

wackjonny says:

Donington new track layout

Photograhed at Donington at a board meeting via a mobile telephone. The future of the British Grand Prix has been secured in a new 10 year agreement between Donington Ventures Leisure Limited and Formula One Management Limited. Revealed is the new Donington track circuit awaiting planning permission. This plan was given to me via the back door,personally having riden around Donington a 1000 times I don't yet know if it is a good or bad idea...?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (31 July 2008 13:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dazzafumi

Oct 07

dazzafumi says:

Doodles

I don't quite share your enthusiasm for the Bernie Ecclestone F1 circus coming to Donington... personally the Billy Smart circus holds more appeal! ;-) They thought long and hard about those changes didn't they... hmm, lets bung on an extra loop! From that picture it doesn't look like the National circuit can still remain which is much more flowing than the trot round the Melbourne Car Park, sorry Loop, so more of a loss than gain in my book. This is all a bit close to the plans to revamp Brands Hatch into a "viable F1 circuit" with runoffs bigger than any UK beach! Admittedly Silverstone is a dull circuit with naff all facilities and needed a kick up the a$$. Compare the premier UK circuit with Jerez to see what I mean - there is no comparison! How about closing the M25 for the weekend and then enjoy the spectacle of them getting thru the Dartford toll? Ferrari would get pulled up for buying a Darttag lol...

Reply to this Topic
Cerberus46

Jul 08

Cerberus46 says:

why

would they make the change its compleely ruined the infield areas where hundreds if not thousands of ppl watch the motogp from every year, looks like now your going to have loads of ppl trying to get a space on the outfield near starkeys. all this just so a few bangers can race round for nearly two hours without anyone overtaking???? great stuff thanks donington youve just ruined the british motogp

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Not a fan.

The Foggy esses seem to have been completely smoothed out so thats the main overtaking place removed from the circuit. Means also that there'll now be very little overtaking at the hairpin. Going to cost a fortune to implement but can't see it adding to the spectacle of motorsport.

Reply to this Topic
andrewhurrell07

May 07

WHY??????

all i have to say is WHY ???????

Reply to this Topic
paulreece

Apr 08

paulreece says:

donnington

The question as to whether Donnington is appropriate has been well discussed,certainly for Bikes it is.However it is not about bikes anymore,it is about F1 who will dictate what we as bike enthusiasts will have to accept.Make no mistake about that. There has been a lost opportunity with the new layout which should have followed the old circuit down to the Melbourne loop (now a car park) and back upto Redgate via Goddards if needs be. especially as the pits are to be relocated.That would create a fantastic circuit once again reminiscent of the prewar track.By the way what is the penalty F1 have demanded in the contract in the event of failure to complete the project on time,my guess is 27m (informed)check it out!

Reply to this Topic
philthewindsurfer

Aug 02

Donington

The National circuit will remain. The Foggy Esses weren't that great anyway, just another chicane, and makes the stop/start Melbourne Loop less stop/ start and watch out for some outbraking moves at the Melbourne hairpin. I welcome a new bit of track down the infield and back up. It makes the place even more interesting to ride around. The only downside I can see is less space in the infield areas to view from. Not only the infield where the Spitfire used to be but oppersite the exhibition centre into the Foggy Esses where the new pits will be.

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

Joke

I live near Donington park and only last year (or the year before) they spent £32 million on new pit's. What a waist of time and money that was. I hope they sort the roads out because just imagine what the traffi will be like Ha Ha Ha

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

Joke

I live near Donington park and only last year (or the year before) they spent £32 million on new pit's. What a waist of time and money that was. I hope they sort the roads out because just imagine what the traffic will be like Ha Ha Ha

Reply to this Topic
wackjonny

Jul 08

wackjonny says:

Donington changes

Well in my exsperience tallking to other riders foggy's Esses and Melbourne loop was hated by 80 % of riders.

I enjoyed both chicains as it was a great overtaking place,one rider I raced with absoloutley hated both with a passion.always got him there :lol:

As you know this extra bit was added on to make it a Moto GP Track big enough miles wise,again they are having to do it again for F1...Conclusion...it's gonne be a great success or a disaster,myself Im looking forward to the changes.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
alol

May 06

alol says:

Donington

C'mon guys you could spend £100 billion on Donington & it would still be the armpit capital of the world..........

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices