Skip to content

General bikers not wearing protective clothing General

You are in... Forums > General > General > bikers not wearing protective clothing

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

andy 70

Mar 08

andy 70 says:

bikers not wearing protective clothing

what is it with bikers who dont wear protective clothing?  surely it makes sense to have it-i see too many wearing trainers and jeans and a shirt. some bikers really need to get a grip and get some protective gear-what do you all reckon??

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (31 July 2008 17:03)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
52BlackShadow

Jun 03

Oh God, is this still going.........

Oh God, is this still going???

What happened to all the old fashioned rebel bikers??  I guess this is what you'll get with too much training!

Ride safe,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
KWAK6ftRider

Jun 04

KWAK6ftRider says:

Shad

I know sad isn't it.

Some people have nothing better to do/worry about than telling others how to live their lives.

Reply to this Topic
staffsknot

Jun 08

staffsknot says:

I thought

we were leaving this one guys?

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Logon for the first time this year ...

and nothing has changed.

I must admit, its been a while since I saw anyone riding wearing just their helmet.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrog

Oct 05

vulcanrog says:

Shaft drive

is the only way forward -------- cos it's got no reverse !:lol:

Reply to this Topic
52BlackShadow

Jun 03

Ah but....................

I used to have a Cossack Ural which had shaft drive and reverse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride safe,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

What to wear

Well the law states the only protective kit you have to wear is a helmet.  After that its down to individual choice.

I made the choice not to wear a jacket or helmet.  It was on a private road and I was riding at less than 10mph.  So I didnt think it would be a problem.  I dont know what happened I dont remember.  But I came off.  I suffered broken ribs, collar bone and hand.  Collapsed lung and head injuries.  I was then air lifted to hopital and was in intensive care.  I have had three operations and now have about fully recovered.  But i have a crooked finger a plate in my shoulder and my hearing and memory arent what they should be.

The police took statements and decided there were no charges to face. 

I wish I had been wearing more kit.  But then I wouldnt wear full leathers and a full face helmet to ride a push bike.  I wouldnt like to see a change in the law.  So as it stands it is personal choice.  As such thats exactly what it is. So why try to tell others what they should or should not wear?

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

We KNOW what makes sense

The fact is, we do have a choice.  Yes, I normally wear full kit.  But, sometimes I don't.  It's a decision I make for myself, and I will live with the consequences.

Reply to this Topic
pete369

Jul 08

pete369 says:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im staying out of this one!! :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::lol::lol::lol::ph43r::ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Shad

I think the rebel bikers all died or grew old.  Apart from Brutale who emigrated to Oz.:lol:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle