Skip to content

General bikers not wearing protective clothing General

You are in... Forums > General > General > bikers not wearing protective clothing

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

andy 70

Mar 08

andy 70 says:

bikers not wearing protective clothing

what is it with bikers who dont wear protective clothing?  surely it makes sense to have it-i see too many wearing trainers and jeans and a shirt. some bikers really need to get a grip and get some protective gear-what do you all reckon??

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (31 July 2008 17:04)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlanMcT

Oct 07

AlanMcT says:

I have to say.........

what? ..................oh I've lost interest now.

:upset:

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

a year or so back

I saw a chap riding his bike on the road with nothing on his feet and having once tried it myself but on a grass covered camp site I did wince at the possible cosequences to his poor feet should he have to put one or both down while still moving...... :wacko::shock::upset: ouch!!!

I will admit to riding my bikes in less than the 'regulation' minimum or pretective clothing as laid down by the on site safety nazis among us. In the latest hot weather I freely admit to riding both my Harley and my busa in just an open face helmet, no gloves, thin 'non biker' leather jacket with no protective armour in it, a pair of thin cotton cargo pants rolled up to the knees and a pair of non biker soft leather boots. I am fully aware that should I have come off either bike I would now like as not be unable to type this post due to damaged or even missing fingers. I'm sorry if by so doing I offend the safety nazis but as far as I know it is still a free country...... no doubt someone will try and tell me diferent. :smile oh and many many years [ musta bin in my 20's and on LSD ]  I did on several ocassions ride a Yamaha DT 175 trail bike down a number of country lanes and around a number of fields in Leicestershire starkers apart from a pair of bike boots..... :shock: and sorry Rog, no photos of said crime :winkie: you'll just have to imagine it. lol 

ah the 70's, good times and happy memories, free as a bird, no cares, no worries [no job] I really didn't give a s*** about anything. Living in a caravan in an apple orchard with chickens running free, petrol at 50p or so a gallon.......... ffs, someone hand me the pills from my knicker drawer.. I cant stand it any longer.:upset: 

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Kwak6ft

I never use hammers.  Way too dangerous.:lol:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrog

Oct 05

vulcanrog says:

Has anyone else noticed ---

that Andy put this thread on & hasn't posted on it since ?  troll ?

Reply to this Topic
tazzer

Aug 02

tazzer says:

Vulc

You, had a lot of this lately, people posting something to start a flame war or some shameless plugging of an event and never posting again.

Happens on a lot of forums I guess, still budgey isn't posting lately, happy days :sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Keeping Safe

Should I wear a condom while riding or will it just make me look like a prick.:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
KWAK6ftRider

Jun 04

KWAK6ftRider says:

R110R

you ride a BMW so it won't matter either way :lol::tongue::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Bigots

What is it with sanctamonious tw*ts nowdays that without knowing someone, their background, their ability, their psychology etc can deem they have the right to demand that others confirm to their  very very limited opinion of what to wear when riding a bike. Its the riders choice so keep your bleedin mouth shut

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Sunstrike

Protect yourself from being struck by the sun and your visibility dangerously reduced.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QJbuAk5TL._SS500_.jpg

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Protect yourself

From being ambushed by chavs.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee143/train2shoot/motorcycle.jpg

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale