Skip to content

Discuss This Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008

Following his serious crash during the Brands Hatch World Supersport race on Sunday August 3, Craig Jones has tragically lost his life. The 23-year-old Brit was fighting for the lead in front of thousands of fans in the biggest race of the year when he lost control of his Parkalgar Honda and was subsequently hit by Ten Kate Honda rider Andrew Pitt. Tributes poor...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (03 August 2008 18:00)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
poacher

Aug 02

poacher says:

craig jones

Such a tragic loss of a spectacular rider and nice guy.Deepest condolensces to his family and Karen Atkins,his partner to whom i spoke to in Assen and the rest of her family especially her dad,Ben Atkins.Jez &Lyn Coupland,Lincoln:upset::upset: 

Reply to this Topic
ianc67

Jun 05

ianc67 says:

R.I.P

My thoughts are with family, friends and colleagues at this time. Also to Andrew Pitt... We have lost a great talent at such a young age. God bless and have a race with Hizzy, the Dunlops, Barry and DJ (to name but a few)

Reply to this Topic
heathboy

Aug 02

heathboy says:

star rider R.I.P

he crashed in front of us we all shouted red flag red flag the marshalls they went yellow to red flags in a blink of an eye one even put himself on the track in front of craig to slow the riders down.that was it i knew he had left us.and were was he at BRANDS. bike at full chat living the dream.RESPECT. clear track with the sun on your back son god bless to you and loved ones

Reply to this Topic
4husketeers

Aug 08

4husketeers says:

Jones you'll be greatly missed

We will always remember standing at knockhill and watching you going sideways as usual going into the hairpin. You were a world class rider with a great future in front of you. Our thoughts are with your family, friend and team. Don't blame yourself Pitt. R.I.P Jonesy YOU'LL BE GREATLY MISSED

Reply to this Topic
danny1980

Aug 08

danny1980 says:

Loss of a superstar

Today the world of motorcycling has lost great talant and a future world champion. I was at brands and felt numb and sick seeing it happen. My condolences go out to Craigs family and friends he will be sorely missed. Lost but not forgotten, Rest in peace Jonesy.

Reply to this Topic
jackojones

Aug 02

jackojones says:

RIP Craig.......

Another sad sad loss. Am gutted and shocked to hear that Craig lost his life. Craig, ride forever and join the other greats in heaven mate. You were awesome!....

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

R.I.P Craig .

The crowd were near silent for a very long time  where we sat .i`m not religous ,but i gotta admit i said a prayer for the lad at the time. I sky + the racing to watch this evening , but out of respect  i just cannot  watch that race nor want to see that crash EVER again.He gave it all when he raced and thats what many of us loved about him .RIP .Craig

Reply to this Topic
danny1980

Aug 08

danny1980 says:

Loss of a superstar

What a way to leave this world. Doing what he did best racing hard and showing the better spec bikes how its done. A massive loss to the world of motorcycle racing a future champ and top bloke. Dont fret Andy Pitt not ypur fault just a racing accident. Rest In Peace Craig Jones. Taken from us far to early but never forggoten

Reply to this Topic
syzee

Aug 02

syzee says:

RIP Craig.

I'm in total shock this evening! I watched the racing yesterday and have kept tabs on any updates since then but have been out all day and have just read the news. I feel totally empty and saddened that once again, the world of motorcycling that provides such immense positive emotions and excitement can rip you apart from the inside leaving you feeling cheated that someone so special has been taken away! My thoughts go out to all Craigs family and friends. RIP Jonesy!

Reply to this Topic
shmoo1

Aug 08

shmoo1 says:

RIP jonesy.....

A raw talent & a hero of mine. it still hasnt sunk in & such a loss to the world of motorcycle racing, you will never be forgotten man & forever stuck in my mind as 'sideways'. Pitty, dont beat yourself up, we are all out there doing what we love & we all know the risks. jonesy, say hi to the rest of the boys for me. my thoughts are with your family, rest in peace craig. x

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices