Skip to content

Discuss This Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008

Following his serious crash during the Brands Hatch World Supersport race on Sunday August 3, Craig Jones has tragically lost his life. The 23-year-old Brit was fighting for the lead in front of thousands of fans in the biggest race of the year when he lost control of his Parkalgar Honda and was subsequently hit by Ten Kate Honda rider Andrew Pitt. Tributes poor...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (03 August 2008 18:00)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
young ninja rider

Aug 08

craig jones

wen i saw the race i didnt like 2 c him come off like that and i dnt like 2 c anyone come off no matter whether i like them or not, but as ive always liked craig i was saddened wen i read that hes gone this way and i wld just like 2 send my condolences 2 everyone close 2 him. R.I.P Craig

Reply to this Topic
Craigsy46

May 04

Craigsy46 says:

Craig Jones

I can remember watching Jonesy backing it at oulton park years ago he was awesome so flambouyant and talented on a racing motorcycle. They say in life The Star That Shines Twice As Bright Lives Half as Long and he shone so very very bright thoughts go out to his partner and family will miss watching ya rip it dude rest in peace.

Reply to this Topic
fester 1250

Feb 08

fester 1250 says:

RIP Craig

You will be sadly missed Jonesy - little consolation, in you went doing what you loved & lived for. Hope people celebrate your life rather than mourn your passing - deepest sympathy to all those you leave behind - RIP Craig.

Reply to this Topic
keith1511

Jan 08

keith1511 says:

RIP Jonesy

I tuned in to watch Superbikes tonight (Monday) as I had to go out on Sunday and didn't want to see any of the results without watching it first. I saw up to the first red flag for the weather. How shocked and gutted I was to hear what had happened after the restart. Just glad that I didn't see it happen. My condolences to his nearest and dearest. RIP mate.

Reply to this Topic
Eldar

Aug 02

Eldar says:

craig jones

So shocked and sorry to here this sad news,peace be with you mate ,and strength to those you leave behind

Reply to this Topic
shaggys

Aug 08

shaggys says:

RIP Jonesy

What a rider flamboyant and skillfull true gent.sadly missed.sympathy to nearest and dearest.rest in peace.

Reply to this Topic
big-smudger

Aug 08

big-smudger says:

jonesy

Thank you craig for all the joy and pleasure you gave to me and all fans of motorbike racing.Just loved to watch you race, a future world champion and will be greatly missed.My thoughts and deepest sympathy to Karen,family and friends.Such a sad day, Rest in Peace Jonsey and keep backing it in mate

Reply to this Topic
Towzer

Aug 08

Towzer says:

Craig Jones

What can I say that hasn't been said already ? Condolences to Craig's family and friends on thier tragic and sudden loss. Also spare a though for Andrew Pitt who must be going through hell reflecting on what happened in a split second.

Rest in Peace Craig !

Towzer

Reply to this Topic
Oafski

Nov 07

Oafski says:

Craig Jones

My enduring memory of Jonesy was his emotive win on the 600 Triumph at Donnington. Tears of joy then,tears of sadness now. Deepest sympathy to his family and loved ones. RIP

Reply to this Topic
gecko1001

Aug 02

gecko1001 says:

Sick people

I have just been told by my daughter that some of the video sites on the internet have had people posting up the video of the crash. All I can say these are very sick people and if anyone sees any sites showing this video, then please complain as it is unacceptable and shows very little respect to the late Craig Jones and those whom are left behind.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices