Skip to content

Discuss This Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008

Following his serious crash during the Brands Hatch World Supersport race on Sunday August 3, Craig Jones has tragically lost his life. The 23-year-old Brit was fighting for the lead in front of thousands of fans in the biggest race of the year when he lost control of his Parkalgar Honda and was subsequently hit by Ten Kate Honda rider Andrew Pitt. Tributes poor...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (03 August 2008 18:00)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Tam01

Oct 07

Tam01 says:

Craig Jones

Terrible accident, such a great young racer. I send my condolences to his family. RIP CRAIG JONES.

xxx

Reply to this Topic
CharlieCC

Aug 08

CharlieCC says:

Condolances to Craig & Karen

Rock on Jonesy YOU DID US PROUD BOY !!!!!!! YOU WILL BE MISSED PAL ! We Owe you, Anyone that blames AP should try at least 1 lap, as it says on the T shirts"It's better to have raced for 1 second than watched for a life time" then you would understand (MEDIA TOSSERS) CC

Reply to this Topic
jondiamant

Aug 08

jondiamant says:

Craig Jones

We all appreciate that Craig was doing what most of us love to do, we all know the unfortunate pitfalls of bike riding, its a fine line between excitement and tradegy. Craig was a brilliant young talent and will be sadly missed. I'm sure I speak for bikers around the UK in offering our deepest condolances to Craigs family, we are stunned and deeply sadened.

Reply to this Topic
Paulcas01

Apr 05

Paulcas01 says:

Craig Jones

Such a shame Jonesy was a great rider and a great fella. R.I.P

Reply to this Topic
weedavedog

Aug 08

weedavedog says:

Pitty!

a racing incident, a tragic one never the less, but one all the same, Pitty dont listen to the w*nkers of the media, get back on and ride son, Jonsey will not forgive you if you dont,and when you win the next race you can dedicate it to one of the surest possibilities of a world champion at WSS Britain ever had, you will be feeling sh*te at the moment,we all are, but you do have a hell of alot of support from the fans,your family, Craigs family i am sure, and of course your team, get stuck in fella!

Reply to this Topic
russellday

Apr 04

russellday says:

Went out in style

This week we sadly lost a great star, BUT well done Craig. In front of your home crowd, on the world circuit, you led the race, set the lap record, and took a worthy second place. Yes we will miss you, but you gave us a race to remember you by.

Reply to this Topic
kspenceley

Aug 08

kspenceley says:

Never a dull moment

Great racer, great entertainment, great loss. Whoever even mentions this had anything to do with Pitt is wrong. He did nothing wrong, he was racing just like Jonesy and it could have easily been any one of them, its a dangerous sport and hobby we all know that. Don't stop Andrew, Craig would never want that!! Craig died living what most motorcyclists would consider a dream, his dream. The only way to have lived. My condolences to Craigs family and friends. We all feel the loss.

Reply to this Topic
gunk29

Aug 08

gunk29 says:

deeply saddened

I was deeply saddened to hear the news of Craig Jones this morning. First of all I would like to offer my heart felt condolences to his family and friends. I was watching the race on sunday with a friend and we were thrilled by his brave riding style whilst challenging Rea, Pitt, and Harms for the lead untill it all went tragically wrong. The sport has lost a great young tallent, and will be sorely missed by the paddock and his army of fans.

Reply to this Topic
davidsmith1304

Aug 08

Craig Jones

Craig was a great motorcycle racer, sadly lost to a sport he loved. I will surely miss his exciting style and many others will too. Deepest regards to all his family and friends at this hardest of times.

Reply to this Topic
DaveyM

Aug 03

DaveyM says:

Sad day

I woke to the news this morning and was shocked, these guys don't die, they slide and bounce, get knocked about and are back racing in a couple of weeks. It goes to show the dangers these guys face to follow their chosen sport, and , to entertain us. My deepest sympathy goes to Craigs family, friends and team.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices