Skip to content

Discuss This Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008

Following his serious crash during the Brands Hatch World Supersport race on Sunday August 3, Craig Jones has tragically lost his life. The 23-year-old Brit was fighting for the lead in front of thousands of fans in the biggest race of the year when he lost control of his Parkalgar Honda and was subsequently hit by Ten Kate Honda rider Andrew Pitt. Tributes poor...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (03 August 2008 18:00)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Big-Gixxer-Pix

Aug 08

Flag youtube clips as violent....

Please everybody back YamaJKB comments and these clips as violent........ I have but we need others to get this sorted. I will also be sending an email to British Eurosports press team, as they showed race incident last night. That's how these idoit got to post it. Where has the RESPECT gone..... My father saw it again by accident, as well as seeing it live at the circuit with me and my son.. God bless Jonesy R.I.P

Reply to this Topic
amadams916

Jul 03

amadams916 says:

Craig Jones

I started following Craig's career when he rode for Triumph in BSS, and had the privelige of being at Donington when he took that incredible win in their (at the time) last race. That display was typical of the guts, character and pure talent that Craig has shown in every class he has raced in since. His 'all or nothing' approach meant he was fantastic to watch and really gave you something to shout about during some unforgetable displays. His untimely departure serves as a reminder that this is a dangerous sport we all love, and shows what all of the riders are willing to risk each time they put their leathers on. I cannot pay enough respect to Craig and his fellow racers, and am deeply saddened by this incident. My sincere condolences to all his family, friends and colleagues, and also to Andrew Pitt, who must feel terrible, despite not being able to do anything about it. Craig - You'll never be forgotten - Rest In Peace.

Reply to this Topic
scufferRF600

Aug 08

scufferRF600 says:

RIP Jonesy

Like many here I met Jonesy a couple of times, last time being Thursday at Brands. He was an absolute diamond, holding his fans in th same esteem we held him in. The time he spent with his younger fans was a credit to him. It's gutting to know we won't see him race again, my heart goes out to his loved ones. Anyone blaming Andrew Pitt for this is simply an imbecile, I saw the incident, and it was just an accident with Jonesy doing what he did best - storming around on his bike showing everyone exactly how it should be done. Rest in piece Craig, you'll be sorely missed.

Reply to this Topic
HDGuy

Mar 06

HDGuy says:

RIP

A GREAT talent that will be surely missed. Sincere condolences to his family, friends & team.

Reply to this Topic
debbie45

May 08

debbie45 says:

jonesy boy

wot a well liked talented young rider with fans all over the world a credit to bike racing a well loved and admired man he will always be rememberd for his outstanding fight for racing against the best and such a show man, my sincers deep condolences to his partner and family and also his team for making us proud to be british with love. x

Reply to this Topic
Richy VFR400NC30

Aug 08

RIP Jonesy

A genuine and unassuming young man, tragically lost before his true potential was seen, A massive loss to the world of motorbikes. and all those who were privaliged to have watched and enjoyed his fully commited style. Thanks for the memories Craig RIP Pitty my heart goes out to you, Race for his memory do him proud. Jonesy you wont be forgot.

Reply to this Topic
Richy VFR400NC30

Aug 08

RIP Jonesy

A genuine and unassuming young man, tragically lost before his true potential was seen, A massive loss to the world of motorbikes. and all those who were privaliged to have watched and enjoyed his fully commited style. Thanks for the memories Craig RIP Pitty my heart goes out to you, Race for his memory do him proud. Jonesy you wont be forgot.

Reply to this Topic
r6gr8t1

Oct 05

r6gr8t1 says:

RIP Jonesy

You brought many hours of joy to many people, you did both our beloved sport and our country proud. We will miss your amazing talent, may your nmae live on ispired within younger riders. God bless your soul

Reply to this Topic
dumpsta

Aug 08

dumpsta says:

jonesy 18 rip

i cant believe this has happened, my eyes are filling just typing this. Craig you was a fantastic racer and would have been a world champ one day. You'll be a champ in my eyes and many others forever. Thanks for the exciting races and pushing 110per cent. My heart goes out to family and friends he inspired us all. 18 forever! PITTY you'd better get back on that bike straight away we have already had one career cut short we don't want another. There was nothing you could do and you have the backing of us all!

Reply to this Topic
johnroydemicol

Apr 06

rip jonesy

really a huge loss to not only racing but to all who watched craige or new him always right on it every race giving 200% want to extend my condolences to all his family and friends we ont forget you mate

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices