Skip to content

Discuss This Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 4, 2008

Following his serious crash during the Brands Hatch World Supersport race on Sunday August 3, Craig Jones has tragically lost his life. The 23-year-old Brit was fighting for the lead in front of thousands of fans in the biggest race of the year when he lost control of his Parkalgar Honda and was subsequently hit by Ten Kate Honda rider Andrew Pitt. Tributes poor...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (03 August 2008 18:00)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
alan-mac1

Jul 08

alan-mac1 says:

Craig Jones, our loss

I never knew you as a person, but watched you as a racer. I have read things about you, and believe you to be a true, gritted person. My feelings at this time are for your Family and Friends that are left with an empty Void in there live's. You'll be missed so much by so many, and certainly touched my life. What a Sad day it was for a Sport I Love so Much. Give em Full Throttle in Heaven. Alan :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
maverick46

Aug 08

maverick46 says:

Craig (Back It In) Jonesy.

So sad,we have lost a great champion in the making.Great rider and a great attitude.We will all miss you Craig.Rest in peace Jonesy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
fireblade918rrv

Aug 08

Craig Jones - RIP

Saw the race live on Eurosport, cracking performance from Jonesy on a non factory machine, fastest lap, dicing with Rae & Pit for the lead, Jonesy was so on it....he was so going to win the race... then in a fraction of a second he's off ..... it doesn't look good and I'm frozen to the spot praying that he was going to be okay.... Then commentators said during WSB race two "Good news about Craig Jones, he's regained consciousness in the Kent Air Ambulance on the way to hospital" and I breathe a sigh of relief and carried on enjoying the rest of the afternoons racing. Come home Monday afternoon to the news that he'd tragically passed away in the early hours from his injuries... Total shock and disbelief that a truely gifted rider and future world champion has been taken from us. My sincere condolences goes to his partner Karen, his family and close friends and also the Parkalgar team. Let's hope the BBC can see their way to pay tribute to Craig before the Brno MOTOGP, he deserves recognition for the contribution he gave to the sport. A sad loss... RIP Jonesy.

Reply to this Topic
spartacusroth

Dec 05

Craig Jones

Sad news indeed for Craig's friends and family.  Anyone had a thought for Andrew Pitt? must be going through hell:upset:

Reply to this Topic
alan-mac1

Jul 08

alan-mac1 says:

Andrew Pitt. Not at Fault....

I too would like to add if Andrew Pitt was to read this. Everyone could see, and anyone who is or was a racer knows it was NO ONE'S fault. We all know the Dangers of the sport, and the risks we take.

Shame we cant cancel this year in respect to Jonsey, but i guess life goes on.

WSS, has been the best ever this year.

Alan :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
BladeAndy

Oct 06

BladeAndy says:

We Was there right on the corner ,it looked like his front end just washed out it happened so quick know one could of done anything ,he was having such a good race ,he sure could ride ; R.I.P CRAIG JONES 

Reply to this Topic
antrs250

Oct 07

antrs250 says:

respect

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle