Skip to content

General MODIFIED EXHAUST vs. INSURANCE ??? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > MODIFIED EXHAUST vs. INSURANCE ???

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

dodojanik

Jul 08

dodojanik says:

MODIFIED EXHAUST vs. INSURANCE ???

...are you telling your insurance company that you have a modified exhaust or it doesnt really matter???

...does anybody have experience as fx: had a accident but did not tell to the insurance company about the racing exhaust on his bike? does the insurance company check details like that after a accident? and if yes what happens than?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (03 August 2008 19:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Tell em.

Some insurers don't like race cans, and won't offer cover if you have one fitted, others couldn't care less. Its not worth having your policy voided in the event of an accident for the sake of a couple of quid up front.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Declared.

I've declared my full Micron Stainless road legal system on my ZZR.

BUT, That's in the insurers best interest, because a set of OEM downpipes (without cans) are over £600. A micron system is approx £300.

The theory for me is, if my bike gets stolen, then ALL my extra's are covered. But they aren't "performance enhancing".

Reply to this Topic
Des_Fireblade

Apr 08

Exhaust mods

dodo

Tell the insurance company everything. If you are in an accident they may void your insurance if there are any undeclared mods (even if it does not give you a power advantage!)....be careful!.

I declared my new Yoshimura R77 exhaust system on the 08 Blade (with Express Insurance). No change to the premium, but if it gets damaged they will only replace with the standard exhaust!!.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-3683-1316-r-77-stainlessstainless-full-system-stainless-endcap.aspx

Des_Fireblade :smile

Reply to this Topic
aphmitchell

Jan 08

aphmitchell says:

I use express insurance. They said that you should tell them if you have a slip on and that it would not make any different to the insurance. Quote: 'it should not enhance the bhp of the bike'. A full system would be different.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrog

Oct 05

vulcanrog says:

The best advice on this thread is ---

tell them ! anything that's considered an engine mod MAY invalidate your insurance, not telling them gives them a way out of paying up in the event of a claim. Even something as simple as a power commander needs to be notified to them, I fitted vance & hines & a power commander to my VN 1500 & Red Star wanted to know but it had no effect on my premium.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices