Skip to content

Ask an Expert Michelin Pilot Road 2CT vs Avon Storm AV55/56 Tyres

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Michelin Pilot Road 2CT vs Avon Storm AV55/56

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

aposegil

Oct 05

aposegil says:

Michelin Pilot Road 2CT vs Avon Storm AV55/56

Hello all

Ok for last 8K i have run the Pilot road 2ct but a guy at work runs the Avons. He says they are just as good as the 2cts but cheaper.

we both a lot of miles a year (me about 12k not sure about he as he wgoes to different sites) and all weather riding

what other opinions out there ?

thank you in advance

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (08 August 2008 11:29)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

What sort of milage are you getting out of the 2ct's??  And what sort of riding do you do? Fast Road, Track days or just general plodding around.....

If you are happy with the 2ct's then why change.  Dont fix what isn't broken I say...

Reply to this Topic
aposegil

Oct 05

aposegil says:

tyre

ive got 8k out of them

i ride a zx9r and do some fun riding plus my commute to work. Can see me ever going on track to be honest got a car for that.

only thing i would say i wasn't happy about is the feedback on bends where i lean it over the most on the 2ct's corsa 3 had more feedback/confidence but they where crap in the rain compared to the 2ct's and I do hear the technology of the avon very good that tyres works with you on the leaning.

to be hoenst any tyre that I get 6k out of i would be happy always budget for 2 sets of good tyres for the year the extra i got the the 2cts is amazing.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

8,000 MILES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok mate, dont take offence by this, cause im not having a dig.  But if you are getting 8000 miles out of a set of 2CT's then you are not using them to their full potential, the 2CT is a more track orientated tyre and if you aint heating them up enough perhaps thats why they feel a bit vague.  I'm lucky to be getting 2,000 miles out of a 2CT on my gixer 750............But I dont hang around on them......

Whey not try the more road orientated Pilot Road 2's??  They are classed as a sports touring tyre...but i know a few boys who use them on an R1 and a ZX10, and they impressed with the grip and milage.  My mate with the ZX10 who spend more time on the back wheel than on two is getting 5,000 miles out of his, which is well impressive the way he rides.

Try a pair of them, they will probably last you the full 12,000 miles................

Reply to this Topic
aposegil

Oct 05

aposegil says:

Hello mate

Just realised why you responded that way . I put pilot power in the title when it should have been pilot road lol don’t know why I did that sorry mate

Like I said in my first post, I’ve got pilot roads 2ct's and trust me I hammer them hard. Always launch the bike from the lights sometimes going into one wheel mode and always hard on the brakes I do front pads every 800-1000 miles and they are the HH stuff then I do at least 30 mins of motorway a day and 2 up riding and country lanes down by me in east sussex so I use all the tire don’t like to ride straight up even on motorway I tend to move about a lot and I have been told that helps the tyre wear.

Again sorry for the confusion

Reply to this Topic
Terrybenj

Aug 07

Terrybenj says:

Michelin road 2ct vs Avon storm

I have just changed my Avons for a set of michelin road 2ct and they beat the Avons hands down, better grip and fenominal grip in the wet. For me they are the best tyres I have ever used, not sure how many miles I will get out of the michelins but got 4500 out of the Avon rear.

I have a question for you how do you get 8000 out of your tyres, the best I have managed using sport touring tyres is around 4000 I spend most of my riding on twisty roads so dont tend to square them off

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

No probs mate....I was thinking then.........:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle