You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > private sellers

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

deemax

Aug 07

deemax says:

private sellers

Saturday 9th mate and i drove from southampton to tamworth in pissing weather to view mint condition zx9 kawasaki as advertised on mcn website .3hours to get there, bike was a pile of shit, the wide boy who was selling it had.nt even bothered to clean it ,it was advertised as an 03 zx9 in mint condition with 3300 miles on clock, for £2800.i should have known better.if it sounds to good to be true it generally is.anyway i bought an 04 zx9 from a dealer which is really in mint condition £3800 fully loaded with extras & 3 months warranty.Premier bikes in didcot top banana

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (12 August 2008 09:12)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

ah yes.... private sellers

come across many of these in my biking life [met a good few private car sellers too] and they often have this strange misconception that they can ask the same price for their bike/car as those seen in dealers windows/forcourts. They just cant grasp the fact that a dealer has 'overheads' and proffit margins to fulfill let alone the fact they offer a warantee and finance.... dozy plonkers get soooo upset when you laugh at em and try to offer em a more 'realistic' price for their heep of scrap.

These days I just cant be arsed to travel more than a couple of miles to view something and even then I will only offer bottom book for whatever they are selling. Just not worth the bother.

Reply to this Topic
nev & leanne

Jun 07

nev & leanne says:

I have

A regularly maintained GSXR 1000 K1 for sale and honest it has never even been wheelied:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
big alan

May 08

big alan says:

whats the point

i have 4 bikes at the monent 2 off dealers 2 private sales the dealer bikes were top money the private sales were bargains 1 dealer bike is mint the other turned out to have realy well disguised crash damage i only noticed 4 months later when working on it(i didnt go over it as closely as i might as i was of a reputable dealer in fairnes it was such a good job they probably didnt know), both private sales are good 1 is a minter plus if you go to a dealer  they offer you stupid money as trade in 2 years ago a mate was offered so little trade in on a zx12r he broke it and sold it on ebay .  the point is some dealers are w*nkers some are good  some praivate sellers are w*nkers most are not    if you know what you are doing you can save a lot of money buying private. if you dont get a mate who does or go to the dealer  cheers alan

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices