Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Would you buy a naked Ducati 1098 Other

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Other > Poll: Would you buy a naked Ducati 1098

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Poll: Would you buy a naked Ducati 1098

Ducati boss Gabriele Del Torchio would like to know if you, the public would ever buy a naked version of the Ducati 1098. The motorcycle would not fit in with Ducati's current naked range of Monsters, it would instead stand alone as competition against other naked bikes such as the Triumph Speed Triple, Aprilia Tuono and KTM Super Duke. If this is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (12 August 2008 18:04)

Post a message in Other

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it looks cack!!!!

Reply to this Topic
2FAST4YOU

Jun 07

2FAST4YOU says:

Would you buy a naked Ducati 1098

No way! Although I do think it looks good. But you just know Ducati will be charging silly money for it.

Reply to this Topic
daveball

Apr 04

daveball says:

Depends

It would be competing with the Mv Augusta Brutalle and not these bikes so they should see how many of these have been sold to see if there is a market for a naked 1098. I have a Speed Triple 1050 and I know a bike like this will not be worth the extra money - The MV isn't.

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

buy a Ducrapi 1098 naked?..

not on your life!! If I was going to spend money on any naked bike I'd have another Harley. Ducrapi's are overprised and un reliable.

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

I like it! But don't want it!

If I had the money and wanted an exotic naked, i'd probably go for one. In my opinion it looks pretty hot, and it's a 1098 underneath! I personally however, do not want an exotic naked bike at present :)

Reply to this Topic
foxy-teamSTW

Jul 07

foxy-teamSTW says:

cack

They'd have to do summat about the little screen and the bellypan, they look like a garden shed bodge-job.

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

I Dont Get Why People Like It

there is absolutly no genuine effrot made to distinguish it... with a crappy littl headlight cowl and spare bellypan thrown on hardly contritues for much. adding to that, the back is now completely out of proportion! YUCK get a Aprilia Tuna or the legendary Speed Triple :D

Reply to this Topic
irsh jordie

Mar 04

irsh jordie says:

Would you buy a naked Ducati 1098 ?

Mmmm...No. I dont think its different enough to warrant the probable £9-10k asking price if it were released. It would be better to put the engine into the new monster chassis as a replacement for the older S4RS. I'm sure someone will now copy this bike after dropping thier 1098. It's too easy

Reply to this Topic
skin186

Jun 08

skin186 says:

Im in full agreement with irshjordie.... it doth just look like someones chucked it down the road and taken the fairings off! boring! oh and no i wouldn't buy one! but if i was given one!!!!

Reply to this Topic
killer-ted

Sep 07

killer-ted says:

would u buy a naked ducati 1098

i most certainly would. i love the look of naked bikes. i think seeing that frame and the engine on display is a great idea but i do think the headlight needs abit of a rethink

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle