Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Would you buy a naked Ducati 1098 Other

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Other > Poll: Would you buy a naked Ducati 1098

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Poll: Would you buy a naked Ducati 1098

Ducati boss Gabriele Del Torchio would like to know if you, the public would ever buy a naked version of the Ducati 1098. The motorcycle would not fit in with Ducati's current naked range of Monsters, it would instead stand alone as competition against other naked bikes such as the Triumph Speed Triple, Aprilia Tuono and KTM Super Duke. If this is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (12 August 2008 18:04)

Post a message in Other

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
skarecrow29

Apr 08

skarecrow29 says:

Over priced

Only my opinion but I feel Ducati bikes are over priced and have the reputation of being unreliable, I've never been able to afford one so I can't say for sure if that's true, but if I had £10k to spend on a naked street fighter I'd by the Speed triple and have nearly £2k change for new leathers, lid, boots, gloves and a bloody good night out in the pub.

Reply to this Topic
hjworton

Aug 02

hjworton says:

Yes but

...not if it looks like that ! To be fair, the bike pictured is just a mock-up. The actual bike would look nothing like that.

Reply to this Topic
Hoppo R46

Jun 08

Hoppo R46 says:

Yes.......

Would certainly consider it as an option. Am looking at swapping the R6 early next year for a naked, SuperDuke or Tuono probably. If it looked abit more 'special' and as many people here have put it, a crashed and converted 1098 then I would certainly consider it. Basicly 1098 engine YES, but dont be lazy and cheap skates with the styling Ducati!!

Reply to this Topic
franks

Apr 04

franks says:

naked 1098

Change the styling so it has it`s own identity--as MV did with the Brutale. But if the rest of it`s mainly 1098(or848?)it`ll blow all other nakeds away.For 10K I`ll take the Ducati and keep my old riding gear. I`ve owned a Speed Triple 1050 and it`s not close to a Superduke or Tuono for focus and sharpness ,never mind the potential of the 1098 naked.....

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

No Way

Most Ducatis are beautiful. Personally I think this one is ugly. Added to that they have a reputation of being unreliable (although I am told the build quality is improving). Also they are more expensive to buy and service. Given that the performance is not significantly different to the Japanese produced metal there seems little to induce me to buy any Ducati even though I could readily afford one.

Reply to this Topic
apehanger

Feb 04

apehanger says:

Is the Pope a catholic?

Yes, but not if Aprilia have the balls to market a naked in the same mould as the Tuono. Lets hope Ducati keep it simple by removing the fairing, adding high-rise bars, leaving the nose cone and tuning the engine for streetfighter output. None of this new designer shape bollocks, just plenty of bling components and minor style touches to keep the heart and spirit of the sportsbike.

Reply to this Topic
Grimturtle

Aug 08

Grimturtle says:

Get the hypermotard designer

For me, nakeds are a cheaper, slightly more comfortable version of sportbikes. No way i'd shell out top dollar for a naked of any sort. BUT, if it was the 848 engine (i hate the dry clutch), nice design and was about the same price as speed triple, i'd buy in a second. Or would that make it a monster?

Reply to this Topic
glenndavis06

Feb 08

glenndavis06 says:

never

this is a beautiful bike in its organic state a naked version takes a lot of the strength from it keep it the way it is .

Reply to this Topic
RBXXX

Jul 08

RBXXX says:

Just Don't

Dear Mr. DucatiGuy, Please don't build a naked 1098. Stuff that engine in the iconic monster chassis, and upgrade the suspension and brakes to suit. Every other bike manufacturer uses the monster concept to build their version of the naked bike Ducati has penned. Removing the faring to make naked 1098 isn't as beautiful as the Monster, and it would compete with the S4Rs. And yes i own a Monster.

Reply to this Topic
clive.king

Jul 07

clive.king says:

Lazy Designing

Surely a bigger new monster with the 1098 chassis and fully adjustable forks will be better. Also plenty of adjustable footpegs and ride heights, like the KTM RC8. I've always wanted a Ducati but apart from the funny looking GS style-thing all the ducatis are to small for a 198 cm freak like me.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices