Skip to content

Discuss This Oddball Camera Van in Northampton. Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > Oddball Camera Van in Northampton.

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

chrisb369

May 07

chrisb369 says:

Oddball Camera Van in Northampton.

On my way home from work on 20/08/2008 at 6.30am, I passed through Weston Favell in Northampton. On the Wellingborough Road, just past the tesco filling station heading towards Wellingborough I saw this Fiat Ducato van parked on the verge at the side of the road. Thinking this was odd I turned and did another pass to look closely at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (20 August 2008 11:02)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
daveb

Aug 02

daveb says:

Is this actually a scamera van...or an unmarked surveillance unit you've just outed?

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

I thought the 'fast response' vehicle was coming to arrest you on terrorist charges for taking a picture! LoL... We do live in a time when stranger things have happened..........

Reply to this Topic
wknight

Jun 07

wknight says:

Probaly ANPR

This is probably an ANPR van. If it is then these vans do a fantastic job and there should be more of them. They are looking for all the people on the roads without tax and insurance, and unlicensed. You pay for these people through your insurance and the roads are congested with idiots who often don't have licenses and then cause accidents which you pay for again.

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Hey...

All sounds good to me. Think I am going to buy a van and sit at the side of the road so normal everyday motorists wonder what the hell I'm up to and have their attention distracted and thoughts upset possibly causing an accident further up the road OR have people stopping and parking in possibly dangerous places to take pictures of it! LoL. I believe that ALL vehicles used for either ANPR OR Speed Detection are clearly marked with signage and high visibility stripes. Pre-signage for the ANPR vans should be a legal requirement but NOT for the Speed Detection vans as if you can't notice one of them a mile away (a properly marked on) then you shouldn't be on the road. Of course they would then hide the vans...... LoL. Got to pay your dues if you are a naughty!!!

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Sorry...

Meant to state 'I believe that ALL vehicles used for either ANPR OR Speed Detection SHOULD BE clearly marked with signage and high visibility stripes'

Reply to this Topic
cbrrrryan

Nov 06

cbrrrryan says:

police van

I saw this van parked on Harborough Rd (A508) in Northampton, on Friday morning 22/08/08. Just as you come into Kingsthorpe. Further down the road I saw two unmarked police cars, one plain white ford focus reg No KX06??? and one red ford mondeo both had pulled over vehicles. I don't think it's a speed camera van, but more than likely it's a ANPR van. Both vehicles that had been pulled over looked like they hadn't seen an MOT station for a number of years.

Reply to this Topic
alser

May 07

alser says:

pig transport

illeaglly parked also could do with a section 59 me thinks for illeagle off road

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices