Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

trendyp

Aug 08

trendyp says:

Enhanced Rider Scheme

Hi,
      has anyone out there done the enhanced rider scheme? Is it worth doing?

thanks!:smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (23 August 2008 19:09)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kestrel69

Nov 05

kestrel69 says:

New scheme

Try making contact with your local IAM or ROSPA group. Ther courses are definately worth doing & are recognised by the insurance industry.

:smile

Reply to this Topic
videobike

Jun 07

videobike says:

What do you want to get from it ?

As a DSA registered trainer, I have to ask, what do you want to get from it.  Having been on the register since January I have had no one directly asking me for an assessment.  Why, because no ones knows about it.  If you are already a safe rider you will have no problem in getting a pass.  If you want to further your riding, then IAM or ROSPA.

Regards

Nigel

Reply to this Topic
smilerboy2008

May 09

Enhanced Rider Scheme

Hi

I was just wondering if you eventually did the ERS and what you thought about it. I had my assessment in May this year and it helped me a lot:smile

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Bikesafe

Is run by the police and is another option for getting someone to do a pursuit-based assessment. All done in a day and costs ~£50

Reply to this Topic
smilerboy2008

May 09

I looked at

doing the IAM or ROSPA but they seemed a bit to involved for me ie joining a club and having lessons. The enhanced rider scheme seemed like a good option because I just wanted an experts opinion on my riding and some feedback on the good a bad & not so good bits, then some instruction on how to be better. I just wish i did it sooner & not after 12 years of riding:smile

Reply to this Topic
smilerboy2008

May 09

Once i

had some training, I realised there was alot you can do to make yourself more visable when I'm out there having fun, even just changing my position in the road makes a big difference, something they didnt say much about when i did my test years ago. Im ot sure if the new test covers any of that now

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices