Skip to content

General ARE SPEEDHUMPS REALLY LEGAL? Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > ARE SPEEDHUMPS REALLY LEGAL?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

ARE SPEEDHUMPS REALLY LEGAL?

Stapleford, Notts, sharp edged speed humps. its a 30 limit. if , in a car, you drive over them above 5mph, you risk damage. on my bike, i weave around them, much to the annoyance of a gurning old twat that takes pleasure in waving his stick.

ERRRRR, im doing 20 in a 30 limit! and on my side of the rd FFS!

In coventry, there is one, not so sharp, before a traffic island, on a bend. by a certain hotel. WHY?

ITS 5 METER BEFORE AN ISLAND! ON A BEND!

Apparantly, damage is being caused to car lower balljoints, as the lower ones get forced outwards if you drive centrally over them, the sharp edged ones in stapleford, notts, cause probs for ambulances too, as they are 3 in a row across the rd.

Am i missing something? if its a 30 limit, why can you not drive over at 20?? the stapleford ones cause damage. LAWYERS...is it not an offence to place objects in the rd that will cause damage, impede traffic flow? why do i have to come to a virtual stop in stapleford in my car? why do i have to risk being thrown off bike if im new to the area at night?

ARE THERE some stupid people in the council? yes, you have to be a thick stupid bastard to put these things in the rd.

and on a bend, before an island? stupid council twats, you even have a buslane 2 meters long after an island where the speed hump is!!

are council traffic dept totally thick as shit?

it cant be legal, can it?

Teach pedestrians the green cross code like in the 70,s and ban the chav speeders that make us all have to wreck car suspension, risk crashing bikes.

by the way, a birmingham v.w dealer is innundated with knackered steering probs due to curved humps forcing wheels off track.

council wankers.:mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (25 August 2008 13:57)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

with you steve.g

got the same stupidity in Scarborough with speed humps, one road here has a ramp across the road, but there's so many patches in the vicinity  where the roads have been dug up and re-laid and tar banding that its dead easy to miss the fucker, especially at night. You don't notice it so much with the car but with the bike it don't half take you by surprise.

Don't see why they can't stick with chicanes, at least they don't do damage.

Reply to this Topic
PIPEMAN

Aug 02

PIPEMAN says:

speed humps??

is that wat they fit to racin camels????:lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

nooooo

but jordan has a pair of camel trophies!:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
PIPEMAN

Aug 02

PIPEMAN says:

shrunk a bit tho,,,,

ain't they???

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

Leicester has it's fair share

of speed humps and chicanes. Most of em I know where they are and just weave round em or slow down whichever is approriate but the ones I really detest are those ones look like a big block of chockolate [they even colour em brown too] these can catch a biker out if your following a vehicle that obscures the thing..... your pootling along mindin your own business and all of a sudden from under the car/lorry/bus or whatever in front appears this big brown square thing right on your path:upset: and being just the right size to fit between the wheels of the thing in front you get no warning at all :wacko: and your front wheel hits the damn thing and can chuck you right off if your on a little bike. Damn council wankerz. :mad:

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

stuhsp

notice the worst case of humps seems to be in high chav/immigrant areas????

drove through kingstanding nr brum, didnt know whether to laugh at the fat lasses or look for the humps!!:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Obstructing the Queens Highway used to be an offence

Now it's a mission statement!

I hate them with a passion and the evil bastards that thought of them and spent council tax payers money on the fecking things.

May they burn for eternity.

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

parapanfan

anyone on here that knows the law if you crash on one?

how the hell do they get away with it! i saw 3 council twats measuring one, took 3 to do it, hard hats too! i guess in case a bike landed on their brain dead heads! one to warn people to slow down too, hilarious!

wouldnt it be great if someone happened to drive into one of the twats!

IT MUST BE ILLEGAL...to endanger bikes, cyclists, cause willful damage to a car doing 20 in 30 limit on one of the red sharp edged ones?????

council thick twats.:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

My view is this

If I have an accident due to the presence of an obstruction on the highway then who ever put it there is culpable.

They are placed in such a way that if you ride inside them you pick up debris from the gutter, outside and you come into conflict with approaching traffic, over the top and you risk suspension damage and skidding due to the lack of notification and shape.

They are indefensible.

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

parapanfan

i agree. if you hit a pothole of equal depth to the height of a hump, you can sue....so why is it ok for them to willfully create a reverse defect?

trouble is, we allow thick twats who earn low wage in the council , to make decisions that should be reserved for intelligent people.

they are , afterall, thick wankers.:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices