Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP Reaction: Casey Stoner throws title away with crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP Reaction: Casey Stoner throws title away with crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP Reaction: Casey Stoner throws title away with crash

Casey Stoner left Valentino Rossi with one hand on the MotoGP world title after he crashed out of the lead for the second successive race in Misano today. The Aussie is now 75-points adrift of the Italian after he lost the front of his factory Ducati while nearly three seconds clear on lap six. Once again Stoner completely dominated the weekend, only...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (31 August 2008 18:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

WEEKEND WASTED...

this is a great example that it really does'nt matter how well you do in practise,how well you do in qualifing,it is the races that win titles not podiums vale IS the G O A T when it comes to motogp. still wish the traction control was removed though i miss them backing into corners and power sliding out of them,p.s it also might make the tyre choice less critical

Reply to this Topic
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

traction

i  agree traction control sucks . i used to like watching gary mc coy backing it in  and when they get on the gas it slides all over the place at least it made it closer racing..

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

Stoner - excuses come from everywhere...

Whatever the situatuion and whatever the track, Casey Stoner is the Worlds Greatest at blaming anything but himself for the crashes he's had. Its either tyres, the flu, the track or something. Truth is he crashed because he knew damn well Rossi could close the gap before halfway through the race and thats a fact. No mental strength. His ego is far too big for a guy who won a World Championship with a bike far, far better than all the rest. I hope he doesn't win another.

Reply to this Topic
felix46

Aug 08

felix46 says:

Misano

i agree about his excuses, i always guess what it will be after he crashes, rarely, if not never himself. Stoner DNF, Rossi taking the win, what more do you want on a Sunday? Well done Rossi and JT!

Reply to this Topic
shamitz

Sep 06

shamitz says:

Casey Stoner - currently leads the world championship of lame excuses. I think he's beaten Max Biaggi for that title.

Reply to this Topic
uraturtlemeng

Apr 08

oh well...

At least casey won practice n qualifying....lol...

Reply to this Topic
snorris1969

Jun 08

snorris1969 says:

stoner/rossi

does anybody else get the feeling that rossi is happy to let stoner dominate practise and qualifing , get on the front row and then push stoner during the race until he makes a mistake .

Reply to this Topic
Hoppo R46

Jun 08

Hoppo R46 says:

Stoner the moaner

What a surprise it wasnt Casey's fault, it ws the tyres!. Yeh right.. I thought for a second they were showing a replay of the lap he when he crashed in Brno, Stoners see's on his pitboard that Rossi is slowly closing, he trys to push even harder and.. what a surprise, he eats tarmac.. Again! Up until that point you cant knock him for effort, he was pushing 100%, he jsut couldnt deal with the fact he wasnt pulling away like he used to! Rossi must have been abit dissappointed to go past and see Casey on the deck, he LOVES a good battle, same as we all do!! Bet he was still grinning behind that visor though.

Reply to this Topic
minezx9

Jan 06

minezx9 says:

Echoes of 06?

And we all thought Stoner's crashing days were over. Is this 2006 coming back to haunt him?

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

championship

:upset:unfortunately it looks as if we've been robbed of a battle to the end of the season, but there's always next year. At least there's still a good battle for the 2nd, 3rd & 4th, also, a good one for 5th - 11th. It just seems to me that the last 3 races, Casey has been pressured by Rossi & thats made him push that little bit too hard & we've seen him throw it down the road. Laguna, he was pressured. Brno, Rossi was taking little bits of time off him & again in Italy, Rossi took little bits of time & he couldn't cope mentally with being caught. A real shame, I was hoping for it to get competitive again. Maybe Rossi will make a few errors & we'll have an even playing field again...:upset: Like Marco said on Eurosport the weekend, take off the traction control cos they were more fun to ride...:doubt:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices