Skip to content

General BIKELESS!! Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > BIKELESS!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

PIPEMAN

Aug 02

PIPEMAN says:

BIKELESS!!

well the bike is SORNed for at least this month,,,,,,no time to use it,,,why waste the tax money??:winkie:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (01 September 2008 17:19)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

PIPEMAN

and i have no body local to encourage me out,,and i allways feel a bit sad goin out alone,,cafes especially feel lonely,,,so i don't bother wastin the petrol,,,lone riding is great SOMETIMES,,but you can't beat the laughs with some mates,,,,

That surprises me mate! :shock: I thought you knew quite a few folk with bikes down there - STS, Binky, Puss etc.?

You could always start a thread looking for folk local to you on here who fancy a rideout? ...Or try looking in your local dealers ...I know some of the local dealers up here organise rideouts .....that is how I met a lot of folk when I came back to biking 10 years ago. (Part of the reason I know so many folk with Ducatis is that I used to go on runs organised by Ducati Glasgow years ago)... and the Old 'Scotbike' (now defunct) runs were legendary - once, over 70 bikes turned up..... ah, the fun....the fast and the furious ....ah, the crashes! - Them where the days - racing hordes of complete strangers on 'all sorts' (from Supermotos - Busa's)  :tongue: :winkie:     

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
binky

Aug 02

binky says:

kamchat

pipey had all of the above mentioned on his last group rideout .... however I work every other weekend and pipey is often on call when I'm off work .... puss's bike still isn't fixed ( less said there the better ) so I need to spend a bit more time garage and get it sorted  :wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PIPEMAN

Aug 02

PIPEMAN says:

october,,,

back on the road and a couple of rideouts eh???

but for this week its travelin and livin in the van,life in the slow(ish)lane!!!:sleep:

Reply to this Topic
shaun the sheep

Aug 02

prolly ........

if weathers ok ........ go for a bit of a spin . prolly sunday ..... think the footies on saturday ..... sunday more likely ...... WSB is " fucked " ...... due too lack of a regular brit participant aint interested .... best be one or two in next season ...... need too get down Brands Hatch and get wasted all weekend .....

Reply to this Topic
shaun the sheep

Aug 02

prolly ........

if weathers ok ........ go for a bit of a spin . prolly sunday ..... think the footies on saturday ..... sunday more likely ...... WSB is " fucked " ...... due too lack of a regular brit participant aint interested .... best be one or two in next season ...... need too get down Brands Hatch and get wasted all weekend .....

Reply to this Topic
big alan

May 08

big alan says:

billy no mates

over the last few years my mates started saying no money/bike broke/got to go out with the wife&kids so about 3 years ago i started just going out on my own i work anti social hours to and am now ot the point were i like to ride alone if mates are going somewhere i will go a different way and meet them there you go as fast as you like stop when you want it is great on a tuesday a couple of months ago i did 320 miles round wales one day on my own it was the best ride this year so get out on yer tod and you may find you like it:shock: 

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

binky

Ah, ..... thanks for that ... glad to know I was not going senile when I thought you guys rode out together. :winkie: 

Reply to this Topic
binky

Aug 02

binky says:

kamchat

in all honesty we haven't had many rides out this year .... rain, broken bikes and work has been to blame

Reply to this Topic
ghengis khan

Aug 03

ghengis khan says:

riding bikes

in this poxy country is less and less fun.

What with the cost of petrol going thru the roof and the law clamping down on us whatever we do

and this years weather has been real crap hasn't it? I can count on the fingers of one hand the times I've got out on my bike with a mate and gone anywhere other than local. makes me wonder if its worth having a bike at all. :upset:

Reply to this Topic
PIPEMAN

Aug 02

PIPEMAN says:

tax on oct 1st

indian summer comin!!!got a couple of rides in mind,,,bloody well nearly bought a gixer today,,phew that was close!!!!!life in the slow lane for me,,,hope the vara will take me to ponderosa,,and to the ocean,,somewhere,,,and now sheilas got here sooper doooper heinie trousers she'll be out too!!!!:winkie::wink:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices