Skip to content

General Hey All! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Hey All!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

JinnyG

Apr 08

JinnyG says:

Hey All!

Just wanted to check in, not been here for a while!
Crap summer so didn't get out on bike as much as I wanted. Manged to get a couple of hours last Saturday but still feel like a newbie! Felt a bit silly really on way back home, R1 following me so pulled into a carpark just to let him go! Whats that all about? Talk about confidence issues!
Anyway had no sleep for last 2 nights. Wish I could say that's down to sweaty, hot nocturnal activity but alas no.... Flamin' toothache like you wouldn't believe! Burn't my mouth swilling with Jack Daniels! (Ran out of ibuprofen!) Braved the dentist and now a bit numbed! Thank God!!
Roll on sunny days and that Indian Summer we supposed to be getting!

Cheers all

xxx

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (04 September 2008 22:03)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
andy_m

Apr 07

andy_m says:

hmmm

Howdy? *Waves*

Reply to this Topic
MADMARK99

Jan 05

MADMARK99 says:

NUMB MOUTH !!!!!!!!

cant believe fuzzrr hasn`t got here bfore me :lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
JinnyG

Apr 08

JinnyG says:

Mmmmmmmmm

Can't feel a bloody thing!!! Bliss for me and yeah....lets take advantage now! So many lines....

Reply to this Topic
staffsknot

Jun 08

staffsknot says:

Jack Daniels

rinse, sounds like heaven...

Reply to this Topic
JinnyG

Apr 08

JinnyG says:

Yeah..

I let a little trickle down the throat but at 4am with school in the morning I was in hell! You do have a point though..beat the listerine!!!:smile

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

Confidence

the more you get out it will grow... honest..!

Ive not got out as much as i would of like this year either, the weather really has hampered play..! :upset:

Reply to this Topic
JinnyG

Apr 08

JinnyG says:

Skycat..

Thanks! It does feel sometimes that I am never going to relax and totally enjoy it, Feel a bit stiff and that's when it can all go wrong!!! Next dry day I'll grab the bull by the horns!! xx

Reply to this Topic
staffsknot

Jun 08

staffsknot says:

Listerene

When you start drinking that stuff you know you might as well hit the park bench with the Strongbow!

As Sky says confidence is something that grows, always take things easy when I first hop on the bike after Winter storage - feel rusty and awkward. By end of April / May am zipping around again and then nowish I feel mega (over) confident. It is all just a matter of time on bike and hooking it all up.

As for letting the R1 past, if he was distracting you then best to let him go. No shame in letting someone quicker go and you take things at your own pace not someone elses.

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

Jinny

Keep riding through the winter, I know it not so nice going as going out in the summer, but funny enough it has its advantages....

firstly less other bikers out on the roads to compare yourself with..

roads seem less busy at weekends, dry sunny days in the winter are great.  Obviously avoid icy days...

Wrap up warm go for a short ride, hour or so and give yourself a pat on the back for just getting out.

come the spring, and in to summer you confidence will be so much better.

:smile

Reply to this Topic
JinnyG

Apr 08

JinnyG says:

Staffsknot!

Thanks for that! Suppose we all need time to build up confidence, even the most experienced riders (Although they probably don't need as much time as me!)  It's only when I get talking to other bikers that I feel that excitement about getting out on the bike again! Day to day life and rain can really take that away!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices