You are in... Forums > General > General > When to overtake

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

staffsknot

Jun 08

staffsknot says:

When to overtake

Had a prime example of a clueless overtake today - hammering it down so was in air conditioned comfort (car) instead of two wheels travelling through town this morning. Bike behind so giving him enough room on my right to get past (without kicking all the gutter water at him) - he's not interested. Sits dead centre of my rear view or moves to the left I assume to see the road past me and the van in front.

Being a good car driver I am keeping an eye on him, waiting for the overtake - nothing. Nothing until the van in front sticks on its indicator for a side street. I check my rear view to slow down, there the bike is on my left... then I check my right mirror and see a shadow, shoulder check there's the biker gunning it as I stick my indicator on. I have to stop behind the van and if I handn't checked my shoulder then he would be toast - and we all know how many people don't. For this great overtake he made it three car lengths further to the red light beyond and had to brake hard to stop.

Just wondering how in the hell these muppets survive this long. Sorry ranting I know but how many times do we chalk these up to 'Sorry I didn't see you' accidents?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (05 September 2008 08:34)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
52BlackShadow

Jun 03

Sorry Mate.........................

Sorry mate, it was probably me - I'd have made more than 3 car lengths if I'd been on the KTM, but had brought the BMW out beause of the rain!

Ride safe!

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
ghengis khan

Aug 03

ghengis khan says:

he carries on like that

he'll get to ride in one of those pretty yellow and blue vans with all the flashing blue lights on top and that howling siren. if he's lucky it'll just be a painful stop at A&E then a few weeks re building his bike [and his body]

but if he's unlucky :upset: RIP dipshit.

Reply to this Topic
Des_Fireblade

Apr 08

staff

unfortunately we all suffer brain fade from time to time, and thats what kills us. He was lucky that there was a 'car biker' in front of him. We, in general, have a bit of a go at car drivers but we should also acknowledge a good number of car drivers react appropriately to save our arses from a misjudged manoeuvre!!.

Stay frosty :winkie:

Des_Fireblade

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices