Skip to content

Discuss This 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 - First pictures New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 - First pictures

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Rob Hull  says:

2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 - First pictures

Yamaha has released the first official pictures and information for the revised 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1. The biggest change is the move to a 'big-bang' inline four-cylinder 998cc motor that Yamaha claim is built using knowledge directly from the MotoGP Yamaha M1. Get the full details of the 2009 Yamaha R1 and 10 pages of new Yamaha's in the September 10 edition of MCN. With a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (08 September 2008 20:03)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Aaahh

Last year it was Honda's turn, with the '08 Blade, this year Yamaha picked the short straw so it's thier turn to build an ugly bike... Don't put a deposit down on a 2010 Gixxer whatever you do!!!!

Reply to this Topic
giancola

Sep 03

giancola says:

mish-mash yam

Whats going on in japan? are all the designers on strike? is it a new wave of ugly styling concept they think will make them even more appealing? did yamaha not take note of the 2007 kwaker zx10 or is this their screwed up version as a some kind of respectful recognition of what they thought was a 'good idea at the time' thought. questions, questions....I think its an insight into 2 new yams in one bike, a superbike and a big motard, or a super-motard, but i thought that was already available from other makes like KTM?!!!

Reply to this Topic
giancola

Sep 03

giancola says:

mish-mash yam

I'll take the blade anytime over this, couldn't live with that back end as mush as the blades face. God help us when the gixer comes out if this is the norm from the land of the rising sun.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

whatever happened to the gorgeous 2002 R1 ..... is this progress?

Reply to this Topic
amjb2112

Jul 06

amjb2112 says:

Bad move!

I've got an '06 R1 and also think the '07/08 bike is stunning. I was really looking forward to seeing the '09 bike, imagining it to be a cross between the R6 and M1 - what an anti-climax! I hope it's one of these bikes that looks better in real life as it's a real dog now :(

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Ouch....

Just .... Ouch

Reply to this Topic
Hondasixrr

Dec 05

Hondasixrr says:

2009 R1

I think the front end looks ok but the unseat exhaust looks to big. A small stubby exhaust like the R6 looks much better. Either that or why not have just 1 under seat exhaust.

Reply to this Topic
mcgroital

Aug 02

mcgroital says:

Front End

Anyone else think the R1 looks cock eyed from the front?

Reply to this Topic
Shadypup

Jul 06

Shadypup says:

2009 R1

Yamaha should have looked at Motorcycle.com's concept sketches the real thing looks awful!

Reply to this Topic
mmerelles

Sep 08

mmerelles says:

what a shame

Yamaha has been characterized for producing the most stylized super sport motorcycles (100% of us were very proud at streets, I own a 2008r1), while putting cutting edge technologies and performance to keep the adrenaline flowing at every ride. I was very exited awaiting yamaha to unveil the all-new r1 motogp-like for upgrading, I (suspect that everyone according to forums too) was expecting the unbeatable refreshed 2008’s looking, while putting motogp performance. So much excitement for this?? don’t count me in, shame on you Yamaha!!! It looks absolutely UGLY, it looks bored, it looks fat, it looks quite, it looks as if the bike were sleeping. if you take also into account the absurd weight, you may have only enjoy the so much torque increased at dyno, but at real life, you will require couple of your friends pushing at backfor acceleration. WHAT A SHAME YAMAHA!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices